PDA

View Full Version : Would u sell your mac quest and get a xt for a 1 yr old

jacksmom2009
03-17-2010, 12:47 AM
If you have a 1 yr old and 3 yr old. and already have a double stroller and also have a 07 mac quest. and are 5 ft 3. but you use the double most often when out with both kids. would you sell the mac quest and buy a XT? or would you hold off and wait for 3 yr old to outgrow double and then sell both quest and double and get a new Quest? or get a Brand new xt? Or is a XT not worth it at 1 plus years? for weight etc? also has anyone found it hard to get double macs to fold down or any macs for that matter now that we have the hinge covers from recalled put on? on and when do u think they will put the new longer hood out on the quest? i love the look of the longer hood:) but dont see it on the quests

jmama3
03-17-2010, 09:20 AM
i would wait a year, it'll fly by anyways. as for the hinge covers, the fold is very snug. if the stroller is hanging out in the car i don't clip it.

AnnieW625
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I have said that as much as I love my Triumph I sometimes wish I would've just gotten a Techno from the beginning. However my DD wasn't a big stroller sleeper before she turned a yr. old so our Triumph (with the single recline) worked very well for us. The one position recline is fine for her. Our Triumph (2006) also has the flippable sun shade so I have never felt that the shade was inadequate. Now I am considering a Techno anyways for our newborn, but our almost 4 yr. old would also be using it on occaision. The new Technos (2010s will be released next week) will also have a 65lb weight limit so I think you'd get a lot of use out of it. Plus the Techno has locking front wheels, and full suspension. I guess since it's not an immediate need I would go ahead and wait a couple of months on the Techno if you still really want it because you aren't going to be able to find any deals on it for a while because it's just being released.

chozen
03-17-2010, 02:37 PM
thats so funny because i called mac cs about a month ago or so before i bought our 09 techno and they told me that there are no changes for the 2010 techno's. i wonder what the truth is?:)

arivecchi
03-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I would not get a Techno for a DC over a year. I think the Quest will be much better for an older toddler.

AnnieW625
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
thats so funny because i called mac cs about a month ago or so before i bought our 09 techno and they told me that there are no changes for the 2010 techno's. i wonder what the truth is?:)

That's good to know then. I'll have to keep that in mind.

audys
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
I would keep the Quest for sure! The Techno is tall for me (I'm 5'2") and the weight is a deal killer for me. I used my first Quest for my DS1 until he was 5 years old and just bought a new one for DS2.

sweetsoul99
03-22-2010, 01:18 AM
It depends on what you use your mac for now. I picked the xt over the quest for the smoother ride and sunshade as we use it a lot outdoors, as well as indoors. It's only 3 lbs heavier. Yes, 17 lbs is rather heavy for an umbrella stroller, but my girls HATE having the sun in their eyes. If you only use it occasionally, I'd say wait. If and when the time comes that you start using the single more and wish you had some of these extra features, then go for it!

Also, I have a lascal buggy board attached to my XT, and it's the PERFECT "double" for my 1 yo and 3 yo. I have a BOB duallie rev for when we go longer distances like walks and themeparks.

strollerqueen
03-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Yes. The bigger wheels and suspension actually makes it easier to push with heavier weights, than the smaller wheels/no suspension models. Although most people tend to get the smaller models, as their child grows older.