PDA

View Full Version : MMR fever/rash reaction question

ormc
03-17-2010, 04:06 AM
DS woke up with a fever and measles-looking rash 12 days after getting his MMR shot. This is day 2, and the rash is getting worse/darker and the fever stays around 102 (Tylenol brings it down a bit then it goes right back up).

We took him to the doc just to be sure - they did a blood test to check the white cell count and platelets. Since all that was normal the doc said he doesn't see any infection and we can assume its a reaction from the vaccination.

We forgot to ask how long we can expect this to last...anyone have similar symptoms occur?

ThreeofUs
03-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Should only be a few days to a week. But your doc should file a VAERS report.

DrSally
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I think this happened with Omom's son. Maybe you can PM her. We had about 6 red spots, but no fever and nothing like you've got. I agree that your ped should file a VAERS report.

ChristinaLucia
03-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Hope your DS recovers quickly.

You can file the VAERS report yourself on line if you wish.

http://vaers.hhs.gov/esub/index#Online

ormc
03-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks, I will definitely file a report. The fever is gone, but the rash is still there (although seems to be fading a bit). I'm just glad this happened now and not 2 weeks from now when we're flying internationally. I'm sure no one would let him on a plane looking like this!