PDA

View Full Version : The grass is always greener, right?

TwoBees
03-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I can't believe I am even writing this...

I've only use the BJCM twice and now I am thinking that I should have gone with a Mac techno or quest.

Oy. Why do I do this to myself?

TwoBees
03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Ok, just ignore me. I think I am in a bad, whiny mood today and I can't figure out how to delete this post. :gloomy:

Jelly Bean
03-17-2010, 09:45 AM
The grass is always greener!! I do this about strollers and just about everything else :)

I have the BJCM and Quest - love them both. BJCM is better if it's your only stroller so I gave it to my mom who watches DD full time. Have the Vista and Quest for myself. And sometimes when I use the Quest I wish I had the BJCM with me. You can't win! Just don't make yourself too crazy over it. DH reminds me that it's "just" a stroller and I can sell it later if I want to and get something else.

satchnbucky
03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
LOL - if it makes you feel better - I got a triumph on clearance at BRUS for $80 and now I keep thinking I should have gotten a quest (which would have been $60 more - a huge difference). There's nothing wrong with the triumph - DS is fine in it, I just read these boards and think I made a mistake. And now I think I want a BJCM too. Because you know, I NEED both, right? My husband thinks I'm nuts! And you know what, I'll probably end up with both. And eventually I'll sell them all!

jacksmoma
03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
lol i wrote the book on the title of your post! i go back between a bjcm and an umbrella type- love that push of the bjcm but hate the slumpy seat for my 10 month that likes to sit straight up! i have an inglesina trip which i love (great price at $144 too) but i keep on thinking should i have gotten the peg si or another bjcm??? i've had all three too! you can never win can you just like everything in life!! gl!

arivecchi
03-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Push those thoughts out of your head or you will end up with a stable of strollers! :ROTFLMAO:(says the poster with 4 strollers.....)

star04
03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I have the BJCM, and now want a Quest. I just can't decide if I should sell the CM or not...DH would probably think I'm nuts if I have both. I already have a Bob and Mac Easy Traveller. I tell myself I don't need all of these strollers, but they all do serve their purpose! :wink2:

AnnieW625
03-17-2010, 02:27 PM
LOL! Yes that is soo true! We looked at the BJCM last year when we were expecting the baby we lost and I ended up with a Vista, which I do like (and my DD can't wait to use with this baby! took the Vista off CL last night as the Techno I wanted went off special), but sometimes I know I would've made my life easier had I just bought the Techno instead since I love my Triumph so much.

satchnbucky
03-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I have the BJCM, and now want a Quest. I just can't decide if I should sell the CM or not...DH would probably think I'm nuts if I have both. I already have a Bob and Mac Easy Traveller. I tell myself I don't need all of these strollers, but they all do serve their purpose! :wink2:

Why do you want a quest over your BJCM? I like my triumph, but sometimes I think I want a stroller I can hang things on with a more substantial sunshade...

triples17
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Just to be an enabler...there's a company selling NIB 2008 Quests for $130 (blue Mod) or $140 (Pink Sport) on ebay...plus 8% cashback through bing. I read somewhere that the seller might actually be Maclaren.

Of course I was given the green light by DH to get the BJCM, but couldn't pass up the Mac deal.

edurnemk
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
It's completely normal, after a very thorough decision making process I bought a Vista, and to this day wonder if I should have gotten the Cam... I know if it had been the other way around, I'd be regretting not getting the Vista. And if it wasn't because DH stopping me, I'd probably have like 14 strollers instead of just 3.

I second guess myself too much, I'm working on it, though, because I don't want to keep wasting so much energy on that kind of thoughts.

satchnbucky
03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Just to be an enabler...there's a company selling NIB 2008 Quests for $130 (blue Mod) or $140 (Pink Sport) on ebay...plus 8% cashback through bing. I read somewhere that the seller might actually be Maclaren.

Of course I was given the green light by DH to get the BJCM, but couldn't pass up the Mac deal.

I believe it is the Maclaren outlet. They had one in CT but it seems they now sell through ebay. A few weeks ago they were selling floor models dirt cheap, but of course, I missed out. They always have maclarens NIB - depending on the day, you can find different colors, etc. They have a very good reputation.

triples17
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I believe it is the Maclaren outlet. They had one in CT but it seems they now sell through ebay. A few weeks ago they were selling floor models dirt cheap, but of course, I missed out. They always have maclarens NIB - depending on the day, you can find different colors, etc. They have a very good reputation.

Thanks! I figured it was something like that.

star04
03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Why do you want a quest over your BJCM? I like my triumph, but sometimes I think I want a stroller I can hang things on with a more substantial sunshade...

My first stroller was the BJCM - I got it as an only stroller. However, I found it easier for me to get the Mac Easy Traveller stroller frame to pair with my Keyfit 30. The Easy Traveller weighs less and takes up less space in the car. Then, my family moved onto a dirt road. I wanted to take walks, so then I got the Bob. Now I want to put DD into an umbrella stroller for shopping now that she's older. I find the BJCM too wide for some stores and want to get a Quest. I do love my CM, but after I get the Quest I don't know if I'll need it.

TwoBees
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow. I really want to thank everyone for making me feel better. When I reread my post this morning, it sounded all whiny and I wanted to delete it (but couldn't figure out how) but everyone made me feel so much better. It helps to know I'm not the only one second guessing myself too.

:grouphug:

Now, can someone PM me the name of that ebay seller?
:wink2:

satchnbucky
03-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow. I really want to thank everyone for making me feel better. When I reread my post this morning, it sounded all whiny and I wanted to delete it (but couldn't figure out how) but everyone made me feel so much better. It helps to know I'm not the only one second guessing myself too.

:grouphug:

Now, can someone PM me the name of that ebay seller?
:wink2:

done! just pm'd you.