PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a bag for a 10 day trip to So. Cali?

todzwife
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Here's the details:

10 days. 3 or 4 at Disneyland, 1 at knotts, 1 at Lego Land
Lots of walking, will have 2 strollers.

6 month old breastfed infant
4 year old with celiac disease (some times has accidents if she gets glutened, which happens more often when we travel, unfortunately) Also requires we bring snacks for her since sometimes it's hard to find something "safe" for her to eat.
newly 7 year old. Tiny guy. Got to feed him often or he runs out of gas.

I'm looking for suggestions. Last time we took our old-style Lands End backpack, but we didn't have anyone in diapers at that point. I've got several bags to choose from, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

MamaKath
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
If your LE backpack worked last time, could you still do that and then have a bag for baby items on the stroller? Something like this...Skiphop for the baby supplies attached to one of the strollers. A baby Sherpa holding food stuff and necessities. Maybe some kind of pouch for personal parent items?

audys
03-19-2010, 01:22 AM
I love the bag on the stroller plus a backpack idea from the PP!

Consider something large for the stroller like a Ju Ju Be Be Prepared. These will hold a lot! This bag was my first Ju Ju Be and it has nice organization and color coding for more than 1 child.

For the backpack, check out the Baby Sherpa because it sounds like you'll have lots of food and the cooler compartment could be really helpful. The Sherpa will fall over if the bottom is not packed but it's comfortable to wear and is organized well.

I have a Land's End backpack too but see how it may be hard to dig things out while on your trip. Hope you have a great time!!

todzwife
03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Thank you! I think that's a great idea :D

vahnessuh
03-20-2010, 05:27 AM
I was also going to say JuJuBe Be Right Back for the backpack... and a JuJuBe BePrepared. Or even just use whatever backpack you have and the BePrepared on the stroller. The BP is awesome because it's huge and the organization inside allows you to separate your kids' supplies since the pockets are color coded. It is a huge back though and can get heavy... but if you have a strong and sturdy stroller, it should hold. Or, if your basket is huge you can put it in there.

todzwife
03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
We'll be bringing a Volo and A baby jogger city mini. I haven't decided if we are going to do a double or a single city mini...