PDA

View Full Version : lifetime warranty on macs?

jmama3
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
has anyone ever sent in a mac for repair? it says there is a lifetime warranty but i read the fineprint (for once!!) and it excludes basically everything except manufacturer defect. what did you send it in for? did you pay for shipping both ways? was it done in a timely manner?

lifetime warranty makes one to believe it must be a superior quality. it's so good the company is willing to pay for any repairs (if there are any). but if the customer is paying for everything they win anyways.

i have a llbean bag from college and the zipper broke. lifetime warranty. well i was lucky enough to be near a store and they said it couldn't be replaced with a new bag. i was in college and didn't bother reading the smallprint. wow. if you see lifetime warranty read the fineprint.

AnnieW625
03-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Nope never. I even bought my MAC off Ebay (it was new in box), but I don't believe it was an ax. seller so my MAC doesn't have a warranty, but honestly I have never had a problem with the stroller. Now I guess if I ever got in a pinch and my MAC broke and I still wanted it repaired I could say I got it as a gift. I seriously love my MAC.