PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for St. Patty's day??

hillview
03-17-2010, 06:26 PM
HELP!! What do you do?
/hillary

caleymama
03-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Not sure what you mean?

My girls wore green shirts to school today and I wore green as well. I probably wouldn't have bothered but my Daisy troop had a meeting today so I wanted to be festive. DH put corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot for dinner and made a loaf of Hibernian Brown Bread, which is sort of a rustic Irish soda bread.

Nothing special besides that, though. No Leprechaun tricks or silly things and no treats.

ETA: Neither of us is Irish, but DH loves him some corned beef and cabbage.

Twoboos
03-17-2010, 06:36 PM
The girls wore green to school, and I wore some too. Leprechaun shenanigans happened at school, but not at our house.

That's about it from here, and I'm 50% Irish!

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Not much, really.

Both DS wore green and when older DS went to K this morning, the leprechauns had visited.

He had a sheet in his homework packet with a choice of 2 family activities so we are having baked potatoes for dinner (one of the choices). I'm not sure how much that has to do with St. Patty's Day???

hillview
03-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok so I did green clothes for the day. Then I felt guilty and went to Shaw's and got a TY green bear and a couple of chewy green candies.
/hillary

WatchingThemGrow
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I laughed...DD said, "Hey wait, what are we doing for Practice Day today?" LOL I enjoyed a green bagel from a friend.

KpbS
03-17-2010, 07:14 PM
We wore green here. Growing up my mom served us a green dinner--complete with green mashed potatoes, spinach, green kool-aid, etc. My sister has replicated this meal and her kids loved it! I forgot til the last minute, but we ate broccoli :)

crl
03-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Nothing really. DS pulled out a green shirt on his own and I am wearing a green tank top. His aftercare had leprechauns visit. They left 4 leaf clover stickers and "gold" (gold square things the shape of dice).

Catherine

ohiomom1121
03-17-2010, 07:48 PM
The kids and I wore green, and went to a parade downtown. DD and I had green eggs for breakfast (she remembered it from last year and asked last night if we could have them again!) and green milk! They had a green dinner too...pesto tortellini with cucumbers and dip on the side. DD loves the whole green thing...DS was a little scared of the green eggs and wouldn't eat them.

kerridean
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Not a darn thing.

boolady
03-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Nothing, really. DD didn't want to wear green, but had a party at school/daycare, so we brought clover-shaped green Jello jigglers, and others brought green grapes, celery, green mini-bagels, etc. After work, we went to the playground, but that was because of the nice weather, not the holiday.

Penny's Pappa
03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2010/guinnessbeer.jpg

:D

billysmommy
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
The leprechauns visited our house early this morning and left some flour footprints on the counter. The boys wore green (among many other colors for ds2...lol) and the leprechauns had left a treasure hunt for them after school with chocolate gold at the end.
I went out with friends tonight for Guinness and Irish nachos....yummy!!!

elephantmeg
03-17-2010, 10:11 PM
we wore green. Except DD. I did put a green bow in her hair though! Other than that-nothing

kristenk
03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
At our house, a leprechaun left a lot of inflated green balloons that were filled with green/gold glitter confetti and a small chocolate golden coin. A similar green teddy was left in our leprechaun trap along with a note and a few more chocolate coins. DD can't get over the glittery/confetti mess that the leprechaun left by the trap! The little teddy bear has accompanied her everywhere today.

DD and I both wore green today.

That's pretty much it for us.

newg
03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
We all wore green.....I did corn beef and cabbage in the crock pot......DH had a green beer when he got home.
When DD gets older I think I'll do some leprechaun stuff too.

TwinFoxes
03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
The visits from leprechauns is new to me. I've never heard of this, especially the leprechaun trap. Do kids believe in them?

DDs wore cute tshirts, and I bought DH Guiness. We also did a long distance Jamesons toast with DSILs in honor of my late FIL. And I read lots of St Patrick's Day threads :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm going to a bar!:8: Since I am Irish and DH is supposed to go to a bar and give out beer crap, I'm going in his place!