PDA

View Full Version : Which maternity cloth brands you love?

moonsky
03-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I am looking for some cute tops. I have already looked at Gap/Old navy and motherhood. Any good brands you would recommend? Thank you.

goldenpig
03-17-2010, 11:27 PM
I bought a lot of clothes from Japanese Weekend for my first pregnancy and was able to reuse everything for the 2nd. They have great stylish nursing tops with hidden access holes. I even had some coworkers (non-pregnant) asking me where I got my shirts because they wanted them!
http://www.japaneseweekend.com/

newg
03-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Some Macys carry cute maternity clothes.....not sure what brand, but they always have great sales so I'm planning on hitting up that section once I need some warmer weather stuff.

jgenie
03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I really liked the maternity clothes I bought at Kohl's and Gap - Gap bought on super clearance.

maylips
03-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Ann Taylor Loft and Target, outside of Gap. Old Navy stuff fell apart and got those random grease/wet spots on the front all.the.time.

catpagmo
03-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I really liked the Liz Lange shirts at Target. They held up really well.

PearlsMom
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
I really liked the Liz Lange shirts at Target. They held up really well.
:yeahthat:

I didn't generally love many brands, but found good individual pieces at H&M's maternity section, Motherhood (mostly Pea in the Pod), and non-maternity stores (especially the teeny-bopper cheapie stores that carry lots of babydoll styles and flowy, open cardigans like Charlotte Russe). None of the GAP/ON maternity stuff has fit me right. I've found maternity pants/skirts to be a must-buy, but shirts and dresses not too hard to find at regular stores, at least so far (I'm 5 1/2 months prego with my first).

boltfam
03-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I have bought a lot at Gap this time around and have LOVED everything. My Motherhood stuff from my first pregnancy did NOT hold up well at all.

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2010, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't touch Motherhood with a 10' pole as they sell your personal info and have a crappy return policy. You can get Motherhood stuff at some department stores though and it might be ok. I liked Kohl's for some cute outfits.

Beth

nrp
03-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I bought a lot of clothes from Japanese Weekend for my first pregnancy and was able to reuse everything for the 2nd. They have great stylish nursing tops with hidden access holes. I even had some coworkers (non-pregnant) asking me where I got my shirts because they wanted them!

:yeahthat: There stuff is a little more expensive than Gap/ON, but it held up really well. I still have a couple of pair of pants that I wear around the house because they are so comfy. I also had a reversible dress that was great - two for one!

AnnieW625
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Love Japanese Weekend too. I also have had pretty good luck with Liz Lange-Target, and Gap Maternity for tops. I also like 2 pairs of Liz Lange jeans from Target, but those are the only pants that fit me.

sunnyside
03-18-2010, 06:07 PM
I've had my best luck with EllyB corduroy pants (by Olian), Olian tops, and Gap Maternity. In fact, I blew some money on other stuff while trying to figure this all out, and if I"d just bought an entire wardrobe from Gap I'd have been fine and probably even spent less!

citymama
03-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I pretty much live in my Gap and Old Navy maternity clothes. I wear the same pair of ON jeans practically every day - and these are the same ones I wore during my first pregnancy. I love my Gap maternity camis and yoga pants which I also wear a lot. So I disagree that ON and Gap fall apart. My favorite sweater is H&M Mama and maternity overalls came from Pea in the Pod.