PDA

View Full Version : Another "What's for dinner?"- warm weather style

ourbabygirl
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
It's 3:46 and I still don't know what to make for dinner! DH is picking up DD from grandma's, so they should be home in an hour or less, and I can't think of anything that sounds good! Also, it's sunny & in the high 50's/ low 60's here (unseasonably warm), so I don't want to make anything too heavy.

Any ideas?

THANK YOU! :cheerleader1:

almostmom
03-18-2010, 04:54 PM
i'm making chicken fajitas/quesadillas. I'm going to throw the defrosted chicken in the fridge in a marinade of lime, beer, salt, and a splash of oil. I'll saute some peppers and onions as dinner approaches, and smash some avocados that are ripe in with some garlic and lemon juice. They throw some tortillas on a pan, melt some cheese, throw on the peppers and the chicken (which I'll also cook up around when I cook the peppers), and voila, yummy dinner! A dollop of light sour cream and some cherry tomatoes and some hot sauce and we're good.

This is my easy yummy dinner that never fails! I don't always have peppers or avos, but I do today. Also works with tofu, or probably steak. Toasted pine nuts are a great addition too!

LarsMal
03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Not sure about tonight, but last night I did quesadillas with our leftover salsa chicken. Yummy and SO easy!

crl
03-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Well, I'm doing maple syrup-mustard pork chops from Cooking Light, plus Israeli (aka GIANT) cous cous and whatever froz veg I pull out of the freezer. Fresh pineapple for dessert.

Catherine

infomama
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I just made this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Breasts-with-Balsamic-Vinegar-and-Garlic/Detail.aspx and it was a hit. I used a box of rice noodles (pad thai), baby bella mushrooms and chicken tenders. It was so creamy and good but I wish the sauce was a little sweeter. Served with broccoli.

ILoveLucy
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
We're having panko-crusted salmon, steamed broccoli, homemade wheat rolls, and strawberries with honey and Greek yogurt for dessert.

Seitvonzu
03-18-2010, 05:29 PM
ugh. i was all set to do homemade pizza and a spinach salad (spinach, red onion, strawberries adn poppyseed dressing), BUT dh is making pancakes and bacon. he came home at lunchtime today because i missed a step at the library and either seriously twisted (or goodness forbid) sprained my ankle :( i popped two advil, drove the mile or whatever home hopped so i could feed my child and called my hubby and insisted he come home. i'm now camped out on the couch with the laptop, the tv, ice on my ankle and dh at my beck and call :)

so DH is making dinner. i'd have told him to order pizza, but he volunteered cooking. he'll probably agreed to get take out tomorrow though. he's also out on the deck with lucy as we are enjoying GLORIOUS weather-- supposedly for the rest of this weekend. thankfully tomorrow is DH's regular day off, so he only had to take off a couple hours. i'm jealous of everyone's quesadillas. that sounds DELICIOUS to me, but i'd have to make tortillas-- so that's not easy for us today. yesterday we had a corned beef hash with fried eggs on top. it was SO delicious.

i love these dinner posts! :)

elephantmeg
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
we're having home made pizza, raw veggies and strawberry b-day cake!

catroddick
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
ILoveLucy- I dont know where you live, but I'm coming over for dinner!

Actually, tonight is DH's turn to cook. He's been slacking lately, and knows it, so it should be fabulous! It's 70+ here, so he's likely do something on the grill.

smiles33
03-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow, you ladies are all making me drool! We're having leftovers, as DH cooked a large meal last night. There are baby back ribs that DH smoked and then grilled, homemade potato salad (love those fingerling potatos from Costco!), a regular green salad, and then French macaroons MIL found at Costco yesterday afternoon for dessert. Can you tell we LOVE Costco?

m448
03-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I just had some salmon with creamy dill sauce and the best scalloped potatoes but also the easiest. Yum. If I can fit it later on then I'll have a slice of key lime pie (which I didn't make).

sunshine873
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Roasted chicken, potatoes, and carrots. seasoned with poultry seasoning, fresh rosemary & a little bit of butter (yum!)

I bought strawberries a few days ago (they looked so good) and they have been taunting me from the fridge. So I showed them! I made some shortbread (Bisquick recipee,) covered it with those fresh strawberries & some whipped cream. Mmmmmm.

Now that I've read everyone else's replies, we may be having quesadillas tomorrow with some of that leftover chicken!

pakin
03-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Talk about quesadillas. I made this Southwest quesadilla with cilantro-lime sour cream recipe twice already. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/southwest-quesadilla-with-cilantro-lime-sour-cream-recipe/index.html

DH is Catholic so he doesn't eat meat on Friday now. This recipe is perfect. (We didn't use a lot of cheese because we are lactose intolerant.) Yum..

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005