PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gift for a neighbor

NewMom2007
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Our neighbor invited us to her 45th b-day celebration this weekend. She stopped over earlier this week and invited us (and invited a couple other neighbors).

Wondering what a good gift would be. I'm not super close to her, but I do like her and feel like bringing a gift beyond my standard bottle of wine, which is what I normally bring to a dinner party.

Any ideas? Not looking to spend a lot and it needs to be something I can pick up in the next 2 days.

Thanks!

wellyes
03-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I recently went to a middle-aged person's birthday party (60) and she got 1-2 wrapped gifts and about 20-25 cards, presumably all containing gift cards.

I'm not a huge fan of gift cards in general but for adult birthdays they're appropriate. Get something fun and I don't think it needs to be extravagant. For mine, I got her a $25 card to GameStop because I know she has a Wii.

urquie
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
i love giving and receiving flowers, especially in a pot - they last much longer. an orchid or gerbera daisy are very nice. if she gardens, maybe something she can plant in her yard, like a blooming azaela.

ErinMC
03-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I second the potted plant/flowers idea, especially now that spring is here!

baymom
03-21-2010, 01:08 AM
I like the plant/flower idea, too! Also, maybe a book (gardening, bird-watching guide, cookbook, novel, ect.) or gift card to local coffee shop/restaurant.

ewpmsw
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Another plug for flowers, esp. now that there are so many fragrant spring ones available.