PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof physical sunscreen?

ett
03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Are there any physical sunscreen that are truly waterproof? We usually use California Baby and I noticed that it says water resistant up to 80 minutes in the water. Is water resistant the same thing as waterproof or is there something else that is better for being in the water? DS will be taking swimming lessons outside at camp this summer so I want to make sure that he get's good protection. Thanks!

newg
03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
I think the neutrogen baby free and clear we use is waterproof.......but I'm not 100% on that.

edurnemk
03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I think the neutrogen baby free and clear we use is waterproof.......but I'm not 100% on that.

I just checked our Neutrogena pure & free baby and it says "waterproof", but it does say to reapply after swimming.

Roni
03-19-2010, 09:42 AM
This whole sunscreen thing is driving me nuts. I use the Melaleuca Mineral Plus, which works really well--not completely waterproof, but I have a red-head, & she rarely gets burnt. But, they keep changing their formula. The main ingredient is Zinc Oxide, but I think they've now added Octisalate. That's one of the bad ingredients, right? They also have a sport sunscreen that is supposed to be waterproof, but it definitely has "bad stuff" in it.

I need to put in a plug for UV shirts. Of course, they don't cover everything, but they cut down on the need for sunscreen. Your ds likely won't be applying sunscreen at camp, so a UV shirt could help. I'm sad I won't fit into mine this summer. So, I'm reading all the sunscreen posts with interest.

ett
03-19-2010, 10:16 AM
I need to put in a plug for UV shirts. Of course, they don't cover everything, but they cut down on the need for sunscreen. Your ds likely won't be applying sunscreen at camp, so a UV shirt could help. I'm sad I won't fit into mine this summer. So, I'm reading all the sunscreen posts with interest.

Good idea with the UV shirts. I haven't thought about that. They will be reapplying sunscreen at camp, but I don't know how well they'll do it.