PDA

View Full Version : do you use your double or single more?

jacksmoma
03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi All,

Just curious for those living in the suburbs....do you use your single or double more if you have two little ones? We rarely do outtings more than an hour or two max so we normally use our single and have toddler walk (he's 2 1/2) and 10 month old goes in the stroller. Do you always bring your double so you have a spot for both kids if needed? Wondering if i could have my bjcmd as my only stroller or if that's silly if toddler does not ride much. What do you all do/think?

arivecchi
03-19-2010, 12:32 PM
As you know, I don't live in the burbs :D, but I think it is nice to have both options. A single stroller is great for short trips. The double is nice for longer trips, day-long outings, if your toddler gets tired or if you need to have them restrained.

This is how we use ours:

Mac Triumph: to go to restaurants with both kids, travel, PT, car
BJCCD: zoo, parks further than a block or 2 from the house, long walks, day-long outings that require lots of walking
Valco Trimode with Hitch Hiker: going anywhere that is less than a block or two away (such as park and drugstore nearby)

If I could only keep one, I think it would be the BJCCD, because we still definitely need both in the stroller at times.

What do you currently have? I thought you now had an Indie double.

WatchingThemGrow
03-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Just like the PPer, we have certain times we do one or the other. We probably use the double longer on each outing, but use a single for more outings of shorter length. Yesterday, we took the double for a bike ride b/c it seems to happen that we end up carrying someone home if we take a single. It's great to have a seat in case someone tires out, gets upset, needs a snack, etc. Wearing the baby in the heat, when they don't want to be worn, or are trying to snack don't work for us.

codex57
03-19-2010, 03:15 PM
We use our single more.

I suspect it's cuz we take the truck more often as a family vehicle, and the double doesn't fit in the trunk of the truck.

jacksmoma
03-19-2010, 04:01 PM
argh! thinking i need a bjcm single too, i was going to just use the double and keep in my car but it's a bit more than i want to navigate when i've only normally got one of them in there (if any!)

Jelly Bean
03-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I know a lot of people who have two doubles - a lightweight one for the car like the BJCMD or Twin Triumph/Techno and a bigger one for at home (most people I know have the BOB double or Phil and Ted's).

PRmommy
03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I thought you got rid of your Mini Double for the Indie. I remember you weren't happy with the push on the Mini double.

I have yet to purchase a double and have relied on only singles.

hellokitty
03-20-2010, 09:11 AM
When my older two were younger, we used our P&T E3 with doubles kit exclusively. Now they are old enough not to use the stroller anymore and so we just use a single for DS3. However, I'm still going to keep my P&T around, b/c of the air wheels, it's a nicer stroller for non-mall walking stuff and going to the zoo, etc.