PDA

View Full Version : Reversible Stroller Options - Graco Flip-it? Peg Perego?

Katigre
03-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I would like to know what options there are (and price ranges) for reversible strollers. I played with the Graco Flip-it at Target recently and really like that DD could face me in it. It only comes in a travel system as far as I can tell.

What other options are there? I know about the Bugaboo Bee, but are there ones in a lower price range? How does the Bumbleride Flyer perform?

Compact fold is important because we have a small house and small cars.

lareigna
03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
I would like to know what options there are (and price ranges) for reversible strollers. I played with the Graco Flip-it at Target recently and really like that DD could face me in it. It only comes in a travel system as far as I can tell.

What other options are there? I know about the Bugaboo Bee, but are there ones in a lower price range? How does the Bumbleride Flyer perform?

If you want a compact fold, the Flip it folds the same size as the other large Gracos, a large book fold.

I have have heard great reviews about the 09 and up Flyer, and they have fixed the rear wheel drive steering. This is what is on the Uno and the Flip it, making it harder to steer than the Flyer. The Frog and Cam also have reversible handles.

Would you consider a reversible seat stroller? If so, you open yourself up to a ton of more possibilities and options. Reveribles seat strollers that are lightweight with a small fold, would be a Bugaboo Bee, Peg Pliko Switch, and MaXi Cosi Loola, off the top of my head.

Multimama
03-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't recommend the Flip It for your reversible stroller, but they do make one version of it that is sold separately rather than as a travel system. I know they have it on Albeebaby.com.

I know for a budget reversible option I've heard people mention the Kolcraft Contours Options 3 Wheeler. There is a review of it at lunch.com.

PGTB
03-19-2010, 09:31 PM

There are lots of options out there. Depends on your lifestyle and budget. Will this be used primarily in suburban type of setting (like indoor malls, smooth surfaces, etc) or is this your heavy duty city stroller to be used on rough sidewalks, brick sidewalks, trails and parks and long walks? Also, how much maximum do you want to spend? If you need an in-and-out of the car stroller with the most compact fold, reversible seat ones aren't the best option at all, as they are all on heavier/bulkier side. Even Bugaboo Bee - the lightest one is around 20lb and it's not the easiest to fold or reverse the seat without practice (all of that supposedly is improved in a new model).

The other models listed here like Bumbleride Flyer and PP Switch are a bit more clunky, they aren't very lightweight IMO and don't fold most compactly. I found them a bit harder to maneuver and steer in comparison with the Bee or more full featured strollers like Vista/Bugaboo Frog. Are you just trying to avoid the big wheels on full size models for more compact fold?

Suzanne74
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM
I have the Bumbleride Flyer. I think it is 20 or 21lbs. I love the stroller but because the fold isn't super compact and it obviously isn't a lightweight, so I can not see using it for more then 18 months total. It has an incredible upright to full recline seat, steers well, the adjustible bar is super easy to manage and my daughter seems to really enjoy it.

The problem with reversibles is that you want the handle to reverse, not the seat (because it is much easier - right?) Well then, it will never be able to fold umbrella style or any simplier then a cut in half type fold. So you have to decide what you want more.

For me, I wanted the reversible stroller NOW full well knowing I want a lightweight umbrella style fold in the future. The Flyer's fold is easy but it is a little hard getting in and out of the car. But it is really the only negative I have on it.

I didn't even know Graco had one. I have seen Perego's and played with it but thought the Flyer was much better built.