PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a gift card!

becca_g
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I have accumulated enough reward points to redeem for $500 worth of gift cards (I can mix and match in increments of $50-$100).

Which would be your top pick(s)?

A Pea in the Pod
Bloomingdales
Dillard's
L.L. Bean
Lands' End
Macy's
Saks Fifth Avenue
Talbots
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy

Thanks!

------------------------

UPDATE:

I am planning to use the gift cards to shop primarily for DH, DS, and myself ... mostly for clothes (but possibly household items as well).

Old Navy and Gap are where I purchase most of our clothes but occasionally shop Macy's as well. I am open to other suggestions.

crl
03-19-2010, 05:32 PM
What are you going to do with the gift card(s)? I voted LandsEnd on the assumption that you were planning to use them yourself. I know I would use that up within a year or so on kids' clothes, new linens, new t-shirts for myself, etc. But if I were thinking of gift cards for presents I might do Dillards or Gap. . . .

Catherine

AnnieW625
03-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I chose Bloomingdales because most of the time I can't afford much at the store, and I haven't been liking much in Macy's in the last couple of years.

ett
03-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Where do you shop at? I chose LL Bean and Lands End as those are the only 2 stores on your list that I really shop at. I may hit ON a couple times a year during their 50% off clearance items sale.

billysmommy
03-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I would probably do gap or lands end from these choices.

If you have an option for Home Depot or Lowes and need any new appliances this is a great way to get them. We got our new stove and washer from rewards points :)

wellyes
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
$500 wouldn't go far enough at LL Bean and I frankly don't want the 200+ pieces of Old Navy stuff I'd get for that much. I like Land's End for swimsuits but I find their clothes a little frumpy. So I went with Macy's. One good thing about Macy's is that they have a pretty wide variety of clothes offered, while LE, LLB, ON, Gap, etc only sell their own stuff.

DietCokeLover
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Like PP, I chose Macy's because you can get a wide variety of things there - clothes, household items, linens, etc.

mariza
03-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I say Lands End becasue you can use it for anything at Sears including appliances and household items. I did that with the $100 gc I got from my Delta miles over Christmas.

TwinFoxes
03-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Are you expecting? Is this your announcement? Just curious re: Pea in a Pod :)

I would pick Nordstrom. I like their clothes and shoes.

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I'd go with LE or LLB and buy all my seasonal stuff (coats...).

Beth

arivecchi
03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
$500 wouldn't go far enough at LL Bean and I frankly don't want the 200+ pieces of Old Navy stuff I'd get for that much. I like Land's End for swimsuits but I find their clothes a little frumpy. So I went with Macy's. One good thing about Macy's is that they have a pretty wide variety of clothes offered, while LE, LLB, ON, Gap, etc only sell their own stuff. :yeahthat: Plus Macy's has tons of nice house stuff.