PDA

View Full Version : Which Bob's for hiking and travel

kidb
03-19-2010, 07:37 PM
My wife and I are looking at the Bob's strollers for our 15 month old daughter. We plan to use it to hike on wide but dirt trails around our house in LA. But we also plan on taking it on the road with us when we travel to Asia in the fall.

Which do you all recommend (SUS, Revolution, Ironman) and for hiking is a fixed or swivel wheel better? Thanks!

sweetsoul99
03-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I would DEFINATELY recommend the revolution. Hiking and traveling with a fixed wheel could be a big pain. The revolution is great b/c it swivels, then can lock when you need it (like on gravel or sand). The fixed wheels are more for serious runners.

sweetsoul99
03-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I would even recommend buying 2 strollers. a BOB for your hikes, and then if you're not planning on going on any rough terrain in asia, get a small umbrella stroller for traveling. Get one that reclines so that your 15 mo can take naps.

sariana
03-22-2010, 03:20 AM
We hike with a fixed wheel. It is not a problem.

I can't recommend any particular stroller for you; I just wanted to share that.

The BOB is not great for traveling. I agree with PP that you'll want an umbrella stroller for that.

AnnieW625
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
We hike with a fixed wheel. It is not a problem.

I can't recommend any particular stroller for you; I just wanted to share that.

The BOB is not great for traveling. I agree with PP that you'll want an umbrella stroller for that.

Yeah that's us too, we've had no problems with our fixed wheel jogger (Dreamer Design), but some people just like the revolving front wheel better. We live in Long Beach, and we've used it on the beach paths and on sidewalks with no issues what so ever. I would try both models and see which one you like better. I have friends who are runners and they both love their Ironmans and their Revolutions.

We are about to order our Bob Rev dualie and even though we've never traveled with it we love an umbrella stroller for travel.

kidb
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies you all. We actually went to a store and tried them both and the Revolution seems like the way to go. Normally I'd take an umbrella stroller. But we are headed to Vietnam, Bali and southern Java, and often the sidewalks are uneven, sand/dirt, or non existant. So something more rugged seemed the best idea. One plus i the carrying bag that you can get - it has a wheel to pull it or shoulder straps to carry on your back.