PDA

View Full Version : Drying DS' hair

Sweetum
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I wash DS' hair almost everyday, and each day it's a struggle to get his hair dry. He wouldn't let me dry it! and understandably so since I have to rub vigorously to dry it completely. Am I doing it wrong? How do you mamas do it?

TIA
-SunshineAndMe

cono0507
03-19-2010, 09:51 PM
My kids go to bed with wet hair after their baths - I just towel them off a bit and comb it. If it dries crazy and they have crazy bedhead in the morning, I just wet it a little and comb/brush. I have tried a couple of times to use my hairdryer on cool for my daughter but she is scared to death of the thing!

o_mom
03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I use a hair dryer on DS2 (his is the only long-ish/unruly, the other two are stick straight and short). He loves it and asks for it.

ourbabygirl
03-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I've always used the hair dryer (on low, warm setting) on DD (17 months), and she's totally fine with it. I sit her up on our bathroom vanity (between the two sinks) and talk to her while drying it... she's usually playing with toothbrushes or something.
Good luck!

catpagmo
03-20-2010, 01:45 PM
My DS has a lot of hair, and I usually just let it air dry, after towel drying it. It's almost dry by the time I put lotion on him, a diaper, and put on his clothes/pjs.

scrooks
03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I've always used the hair dryer (on low, warm setting) on DD (17 months), and she's totally fine with it. I sit her up on our bathroom vanity (between the two sinks) and talk to her while drying it... she's usually playing with toothbrushes or something.
Good luck!

This is exactly what we do for DD.

wellyes
03-20-2010, 04:46 PM
I never dry DD's hair beyond toweling off - I just don't see any reason to. I associate hair dryers with styling and hair damage.... nothing I'd want for a little kid.

It air dries pretty fast. If she goes to bed with damp hair, that's OK by me. It comes out cute, oh heck she's cute no matter what.

hillview
03-20-2010, 07:52 PM
If it is really cold and DS wants to I use a hair dryer. Otherwise we just let it be wet. It dries pretty quick anyway. I do towel it off a little. We wash hair 1-2 times a week here.
/hillary

ett
03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
We just let DS's hair air-dry here as there is a long enough gap between bath time and bedtime.

DietCokeLover
03-20-2010, 10:53 PM
I let DS' hair air dry - it dries pretty quickly.

I let DD's hair air dry as much as possible, but if it's time for bed, I take the blow dryer to it so that she doesn't get a cold head at night.

slworld
03-20-2010, 10:57 PM
We just let DS's hair air-dry here as there is a long enough gap between bath time and bedtime.

:yeahthat: but if we do end up washing right before bedtime then I use a hair dryer. DS loves it.