PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Robeez or Bobux for girls sandals? UPDATE IN OP!

conniez
03-19-2010, 10:00 PM
UPDATE: I ended up purchasing (and just received) the Bobux sandals, but it looks like they are too wide for DD's foot! I guess she has a very slim foot (at the heel/ankle part at least), because there was a ton of space between her ankle & the velcro closure. I'm so disappointed as I really love the flexibility and style of Bobux shoes, and this is the first time they haven't worked.

I'm trying to decide between this:

http://www.bobuxusa.com/baby_shoes/I-Walk/I-Walk-Bright-Pink-Sandal

and this:

http://www.robeez.com/Robeez-1st-Stepz-Selena-Sandal-white-Robeez-baby-shoes/product.aspx?ProductID=1076&deptid=367&PriceCat=2&Lang=EN-US

for DD's sandals now that it's all of a sudden Summer here in California :rolleye0014: Stride Rite also came out with a new line of "washable" shoes.

Which would you buy (based on style or your experience with the brand, etc.)?
TIA

ETA: As far as promotions go, Bobux.com has 20% + free shipping / Endless.com has the Robeez w/20% CB & free ship. / Stride Rite is B1G1 50% in stores

Radosti
03-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Ecco ones are awesome too. I just picked up some sandals at the Ecco Outlet by me for $19.99 for the first pair and $9.99 for the second (B1G1 50% off)

katydid1971
03-19-2010, 11:34 PM
I think the Bobux ones are cuter. I have had both and they are both great shoes.

mom2binsd
03-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I love pedipeds...I didn't discover them until DD was older...

http://www.pediped.com/Product/CategoryInfo.aspx?cid=52

conniez
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks for your responses. I considered the Pedipeds, but when I saw them on another child at church they looked kind of stiff. :(

WatchingThemGrow
03-20-2010, 10:24 AM
I would pick the ones that fit YOUR child's feet the best. Honestly, sometimes shoes are to wide, too narrow, too whatever compared to baby feet. We found that See Kai Run sandals worked best for us b/c they were the same shape as DD's foot. DS1 OTOH, needs a kayak-shaped shoe.

AnnieW625
03-20-2010, 10:55 AM
We never did Bobux or Robeez for sandals.

We've always had good luck with Salt Water Sandals. Elisa gets these ones because the urethane sole is better for her wide foot. I think we have paid about $28 to $30 for them at our local shoe store.
http://www.mysaltwatersandals.com/swwh.html

Elisa also has these Pedi Ped Flex, but they run big so definitely buy try on in person or order two sizes online.

mom2binsd
03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks for your responses. I considered the Pedipeds, but when I saw them on another child at church they looked kind of stiff. :(

I'd try them, I think they are so soft...esp the soft leather ones!

conniez
03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
That's kind of what's tough, too...I live in the Bay Area so you would think a ton of stores would have the toddler sized Robeez & Bobux, but I usually can only find them online. I have tried both and they both seem to work okay for her.

TwinFoxes
03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
On style alone, I like the Bobux. The other pair doesn't seem very sandal like too me.

SammyeGail
03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I never used Robeez for my boys, but they went thru 2 sets each of Bobux (slip on style) and I loved them.

So my vote is for the Bobux, plus the style you picked is so adorable!

conniez
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Just updated my original post. Ended up buying the Bobux sandals, but they seem to be too wide for DD's foot. Can anyone recommended a flexible sandal for toddlers that might accommodate a slimmer foot (at least in the ankle area or where the closure would be)?

wellyes
04-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your responses. I considered the Pedipeds, but when I saw them on another child at church they looked kind of stiff. My experience is that pedipeds are very very soft, in fact too soft once a kid gets past slow toddling and moves to running. Perhaps the ones you saw were "pediped flex", which is the pediped line for slightly older toddlers? The other thought I had is that there is a pediped knock-off brand that sells at Marshalls (Rising Star?) that uses the exact same designs so that might be what you saw (FWIW I have bought the knock-offs and they're great, I didn't realize how much of a copy they were until later).

Can't help with the narrow feet thing, my DD has the opposite problem.

AnnieW625
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Maybe try See Kai Run, or if you aren't opposed to it try Stride Rite as they come in a number of widths, and also Nordstroms keeps them so you may not have to go to the stand alone SR stores (I had bad luck there). I would also try and find a local independent shoe store too. We've had great luck with ours.

SammyeGail
04-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I never used Robeez for my boys, but they went thru 2 sets each of Bobux (slip on style) and I loved them.

So my vote is for the Bobux, plus the style you picked is so adorable!

I am so sorry, my boys wore them in the winter with socks, they measured W then.

They both have narrow feet now. When they were younger and still had wider feet they wore See Kai Run Sandals.

I ordered a pair of regular pair of pedipads once when they were 1.5 and they were too loose in the ankle area, just an fyi. Don't know anything about the newer flex.

I liked Pedoodles, well, I only had a pair of the older style of Red bowlers, Noah wore them usually with thin socks & he had narrow feet. With the older style red bowlers you could tighten up the shoes, which I did all the way.

I took them in Stride Rite when they were 2.5 to get some sandals during the BOGO sale, they were both narrow, the manager gave me some sort of foam pads that stuck to the top of the (inside) sandals, acting like fillers and made a huge difference. Thats the last time I've been to SR, but the little flexible shoes looked great (too small for the boys) and I would have used them the summer before.

Good luck, so sorry the Bobux didn't work.

SammyeGail
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Maybe try See Kai Run, or if you aren't opposed to it try Stride Rite as they come in a number of widths, and also Nordstroms keeps them so you may not have to go to the stand alone SR stores (I had bad luck there). I would also try and find a local independent shoe store too. We've had great luck with ours.

:yeahthat: