PDA

View Full Version : Help me convince DH to keep the Mac Quest I bought

triples17
03-20-2010, 11:14 AM
SO DH was super mad at me for buying a Mac. We both really like the BJCM, but he thinks it too expensive. We looked at the Macs too, but he has an irrational hate for Mac because they are so expensive. He says if I want an umbrella stroller we should just buy a $30 one.

So I was looking online for deals for the BJCM and found a new in box Quest on ebay for only $129 (after BING). After reading all the Mac love here and elsewhere, I figured for the price, we couldn't do much better.

Now DH is mad and wants me to get rid of it.

Help me build my argument.
1. Can't beat the price
2. Macs last a LOT longer than a crappy umbrella

srhs
03-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Borrow a friend's cheap umbrella and make him push it to the park. Even better if he is tall and your roads stink.

triples17
03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Ooooh Great idea!! I have to see if anyone has one.

srhs
03-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Ooooh Great idea!! I have to see if anyone has one.
Or buy the cheapest one at the consignment store. Our Once Upon a Child has some for $7. Look at garage sales when you drive by. Check CL. You should be able to find a cruddy one cheap.
(Seriously, my DF's DH went from "we do not need a double" to okay'ing the BJCED in ONE walk to the park as a family.)

arivecchi
03-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Tell him to come here and ask. We'll set him straight. ;)

Seriously, Macs are the best umbrella strollers. Great quality and can easily fit a 5 year old. Can a cheapo umbrella do that?

triples17
03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Good idea! I wanted to stop at OUaC anyway!

I think he will come around. He told me that he looked up reviews on Amazon. I have to show him the BRU reviews and pull out my copy of Baby Bargains.

How is the Quest on sidewalks? I was thinking we would continue to use the giant Graco for walks, but the Mac for shopping and for Disney World. (I know the guy that agreed to 3 Disney trips in the next 2 years is making a stink about a $129 stroller)

kim_mi
03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Go to BRU with your Mac and have him push it around the store with a kiddo or a heavy bag then have him push a cheaper umbrella stroller around. Tell him to also try pushing them one handed.

ourbabygirl
03-20-2010, 05:42 PM
I have a Quest for my 17 month old and really like it. My friend bought one last summer, too- probably about a $30 or $40 Evenflo one or something. Well, her DH folded it to put it in the trunk and bent the canopy part so it stopped working. She ended up getting another cheap one, but I'm really happy with mine and I'm sure it steers much better than the other ones out there. A Mac should last much longer, too, and have better resale value.
It's not wonderful on sidewalks, nor would anything be that doesn't have air tires IMO, but it's great for malls, the zoo, etc. So light and compact. And most cheapy umbrella strollers won't recline, but a Quest will. ;)

wellyes
03-20-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a Mac Quest. Quests are GREAT and I personally think that because they are so lightweight and portable -- and appropriate for older kids too -- you'll ultimately get more / longer use out of them than a BJCM. So easy to throw in the car, best stroller for air travel, but still comfy enough for mom AND kid to take neighborhood walks. An $30 umbrella, on the other hand, is not worth the $30.

The analogy he might understand.... what car is best to buy? There are luxury cars -- Maserati. Very nice but truly it's not necessary to spend that much. There are *really* cheap cars -- compact coupes. They'll get you from A to B, but you feel every bump and it's loud inside and they're not comfortable and you outgrow them pretty quick. Then there are the family sedans most people end up with. The Mac Quest is the Honda Accord of strollers: reliable, comfortable, safe and will last and last and last. It's a very practical purchase, really.

purple
03-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Strong resale value! If you buy a cheapo no name umbrella stroller, thats money gone, but with a Mac you can get a fair chunk back if you sell in a couple years.