PDA

View Full Version : spring clothes before Easter?

Babywhite
03-20-2010, 04:59 PM
While spring is officially here, Easter isn't for another couple of weeks.

If you live in a warm area, what do you let your children wear during this 'transitional' time period?

Happy Spring!
Babywhite

KrisM
03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Not in a warm area, but we were in short sleeve shirts and Spring type of clothes here last week when it was 60-65 outside.

SnuggleBuggles
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
I never knew that spring clothes weren't ok before Easter. We wear whatever is appropriate for the temperatures.

Beth

elliput
03-20-2010, 05:10 PM
We wear what is appropriate for the weather regardless of holiday traditions. I even let my DD wear white shoes in the middle of winter.

boolady
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I never knew that spring clothes weren't ok before Easter. We wear whatever is appropriate for the temperatures.

Beth

:yeahthat: DD's worn short sleeves for most of this week, and is happily wearing a short-sleeved HA playdress set today.

kep
03-20-2010, 05:36 PM

Beth

This is us, too! We tend to go with the weather. I probably wouldn't put DD in her Christmas dress this far into spring, but other than that we just go with it.

Nooknookmom
03-20-2010, 05:40 PM
We wear clothes that fit the temperature. Today it's shorts and tank-tops, last week it was pants and long sleeves.

I never knew there was a timeline for dressing.

o_mom
03-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Whatever fits the weather?

Right now mainly long pants w/ shortsleeve shirts. Sweatshirts over top in the morning and evening when it is cool. If it gets much warmer they might even wear shorts.

I also didn't know there was any kind of rule about it.

JamiMac
03-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Beth

:yeahthat:
Whatever works for the temperature outside.

MamaMolly
03-20-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm from the deep South and we have random rules about white shoes and such. I used to be better about obeying them ;) I might not put my DD in bunny themed clothes before Easter but other than that I go with the weather. Though to be honest this is a recent development. We moved in September to a very hot climate and I had to really work to wrap my head around short-sleeved cotton Christmas dresses with sandals!

lalasmama
03-20-2010, 11:23 PM
La wore her pastel seersucker skort and a white tshirt today. We live in the NW, so when we get a nice sunny day, out come the summer clothes!

ett
03-20-2010, 11:30 PM
We wear whatever is appropriate for the weather.

rlu
03-21-2010, 12:31 AM
DS has been wearing short sleeve shirts this week. (84 degrees yesterday folks!) He wears jeans to school to save his knees during recess, but wore shorts when he got home after school yesterday and for baseball practice. He's wearing shorts pjs for the second night as well.

For me I haven't pull out the entire warm weather clothes yet, will probably switch over the wardrobe this weekend, but did pull out a few spring shirts for work last week due to the warm weather. My warm weather wardward is more extensive than cold weather, but a lot of it didn't fit last year, will have to see if it fits this year.

While we know about the white shoes between Easter and Labor Day rule, we all ignore it preferring to start wearing white shoes after the first day of spring weather (so last Sunday) and until it starts to rain in the fall.

Welcome spring!

baymom
03-21-2010, 12:56 AM

Beth

:yeahthat: I didn't realize there were any traditions/rules regarding spring clothing and Easter. But, even if I did, I probably wouldn't follow them anyway! :wink2: