PDA

View Full Version : Which is better??

lhafer
03-20-2010, 06:22 PM
So I have been seriously thinking about a backpack diaper bag. I already have a Skip Hop Dash Deluxe that I really like. But I use it on a daily basis and only for my newborn.

I am wanting a backpack diaper bag for when I have all day outings with both my 4 year old and newborn (zoo, museum, etc). My friend has the Skip Hop backpack and loves it. But I am thinking it might be a little small (she only has a 3 month old - no other kids).

I think I have narrowed it down to these two:
Dad Gear backpack : http://www.dadgear.com/gear_main.cfm?ID=1

Skip Hop Backpack: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Via-Backpack-Diaper/dp/B001874DY8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The Skip Hop doesn't get that good of reviews, many saying the quality is lacking. I love the quality of my Dash. I don't want to spend the money for a Ju Ju Be or something like that. I don't really care for the look of the Sherpas. I like the Columbia one, but again, think it might be on the small side.

This is what I normally put in my diaper bags for all day: 5-6 diapers, wipes, 2 bottles, sippy for 4 year old, water bottle for me, 2 outfits for baby, possibly some toys, teethers, etc, small snacks for 4 year old (usually use ziplock bags), receiving blanket, 2 burp clothes, nursing cover, bulb syringe, small Avent manual breast pump, possibly an insulated bottle container if the bag doesn't have them, plus my stuff: wallet, cell phone, keys, sunglasses, etc.

It needs to be able to hang on a stroller, as well as be comfortable to wear. Insulated pockets would be nice, but not a deal breaker if they are missing. I am not too into the super girly look, and would like to be able to use this backpack long after diaper bag phase is done.

Which would suite me better? They are about the same cost (Skip Hop - $70, Dad Gear - $89). Other suggestions welcome too!

poohbear
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I don't know if this will help you, because I have different styles than you're looking at, but i have a skip hop via messenger and a dad gear messenger. The dad gear is roomier, but the skip hop has way more pockets. I get uber annoyed at how few inner pockets the dad gear bag has. However there are things I like about it, like the zipper pass through to the bottles, giant zipper compartment in front. I would check out the number of pockets each has on the inside - it may help you make your decision...

audys
03-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Check out the Ju Ju Be Packabe backpack/messenger. I love this bag! Some of them recently sold on babysteals.com and seems like a few of these are popping up on Ebay for a good price.

AnnieW625
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
If I really wanted a back pack style diaper bag I would most likely look at the Ju Ju Be line of bags, they are really nice and don't feel like they'd be too heavy if they were totally full.