PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy same thing in 2 different colours

niccig
03-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I bought this dress today at Loft, but in mocha brown which is no longer listed on their web site. I'm considering buying it again in black. It looks really good on me...the style/ruching cover up and flatter. It's knit fabric but you can dress it up or down. Flats for casual and then heels and accessories for going out.

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=24380&N=1200007&categoryId=211&pCategoryId=3359&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_211&Nty=1&No=14&loc=TN&defaultColor=Black&defaultSizeType=Regular

Is that being too extravagant - it is just a solid colour knit dress, but I do not have a black dress at all.

Nicci

TwinFoxes
03-20-2010, 08:40 PM
I vote buy it. It's cute! And looks versatile.

I've bought the same item in more than one color a few times.

DietCokeLover
03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I've done it before. You can always accessorize in ways that make it look very different.

ged
03-20-2010, 09:20 PM
I've bought the same item in more than one color a few times.

me too! go for it!

DebbieJ
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I buy the same style pants and casual knit shirts in different colors all the time. I don't see why you can't do it with a dress! Go for it!

niccig
03-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Enablers!!
I'll get it. I don't have a black dress, so it'll fill that hole nicely. I could even wear it to work, when/if I go back, with a cardigan because I get cold in the AC.

DrSally
03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Very pretty dress. I think if you find something that you like and looks good on you, absolutely! The same item in different colors will provide different looks. I could see the brown with a cardagain for daytime and the black with nice jewelry and heels for nighttime.

ahrimie
03-22-2010, 02:24 AM
YESYES!! I limit myself to just 2 colors though :) I've done it on several occassions: cardigans, tshirts, jeans!

ilfaith
03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I do it with basics...In fact I have a rainbow of J. Crew and Old Navy tanks and tee shirts. I've also done it with pants, getting the same style in black and khaki or grey. And I once bought the same sweater dress in camel and blue.

I once had the same ankle boots in black and in brown and one morning in my hurry to get dressed and out the door I put on one of each...didn't realize it until I got to work.