PDA

View Full Version : new new macs, longer clip to adjust for bulky hinge covers?

jmama3
03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
so does anyone have a new mac that has the hinge covers attached? if so, when folding, is it a tight fold? i'm wondering if the new macs have a longer clip or something to counter the bulkiness of the hinge covers.

lvhkitty
03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
The hinge cover definitely impedes the latch on the 2010 triumph. I push it down before I close.

lorinick
03-21-2010, 05:00 PM
so does anyone have a new mac that has the hinge covers attached? if so, when folding, is it a tight fold? i'm wondering if the new macs have a longer clip or something to counter the bulkiness of the hinge covers.

They are attached already. But it still seemed hard to do without moving the cover. I am not impressed with the way Mac didn't do the fix better.

twinstar
03-23-2010, 05:00 AM
I just got a new Triumph with the hinge covers attached and haven't had any problems with the clip (i.e., didn't have to force it down to clip). But honestly, it's my first Mac so I can't really compare it to the fold mechanism before the hinges were attached. I do have a feeling it would have been a smoother fold without the hinge covers though. But as someone with no previous experience with Macs, folding/clipping hasn't been a big deal.