PDA

View Full Version : Messenger Diaper Bag Recs

babyonway
03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi, I am a first time mom and looking for diaper bag recommendations any help anyone can provide would be great. My baby is due in June.

What I am looking for:
1. Durability- Want to keep bag for a while, esp. for baby number 2.
2. Large - I tend to be a pack rat. I currently have a large purse with lots of stuff that I need and would like to be able to throw personal stuff in diaper bag. I know that I will probably stuff bag with tons of baby items too. So a large bag would be great. And lots of pockets for easy organization.
3. Messenger style. I would love it to be converted from a tote to messenger style if need be. I was looking at the Skip Hop Studio Tote but it doesn't look like that has a messenger options.
4. Would like to connect to stroller easily.
5. Would like it to be fashionable and not too "diaper bag" looking. All black would be great.
6. Zipper closure. So if it tips over I don't lose everything :)
7. Cleanable. Preferablly gaurded so doesn't get stains but would like it to be easily cleanable.
8. Don't want to be too costly. Less then $100 would be great.

I think that that covers everything that I was thinking. If anyone could help me out it would be great.

lhafer
03-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi, I am a first time mom and looking for diaper bag recommendations any help anyone can provide would be great. My baby is due in June.

What I am looking for:
1. Durability- Want to keep bag for a while, esp. for baby number 2.
2. Large - I tend to be a pack rat. I currently have a large purse with lots of stuff that I need and would like to be able to throw personal stuff in diaper bag. I know that I will probably stuff bag with tons of baby items too. So a large bag would be great. And lots of pockets for easy organization.
3. Messenger style. I would love it to be converted from a tote to messenger style if need be. I was looking at the Skip Hop Studio Tote but it doesn't look like that has a messenger options.
4. Would like to connect to stroller easily.
5. Would like it to be fashionable and not too "diaper bag" looking. All black would be great.
6. Zipper closure. So if it tips over I don't lose everything :)
7. Cleanable. Preferablly gaurded so doesn't get stains but would like it to be easily cleanable.
8. Don't want to be too costly. Less then $100 would be great.

I think that that covers everything that I was thinking. If anyone could help me out it would be great.

I would say if the messenger style could be done without, then the Skip Hop Studio Tote would be just about perfect for you.

babyonway
03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I would say if the messenger style could be done without, then the Skip Hop Studio Tote would be just about perfect for you.

Unfortuneately, I really want a messenger bag to go over my shoulders. For a couple of reasons. I don't want to have to be constantly balancing the bag and baby. And I always carry bags and purses on my right shoulder (I am not good at changing to left) and I can get some shoulder/back pain.

ged
03-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Ju-ju-be(JJB) has a new bag called the Be Fabulous coming out, but it's retail is $200 approximately, so double what you are asking for.

Other more reasonably priced messenger options include several other JJB bags (Be Spicy in particular comes to mind), Fleurville sling tote, Babymel Amanda (I believe it's strap is adjustable...tote and messenger), Lexie Barnes Darling, and several others. They all have their pros and cons. I am pretty sure the Babymel Amanda can be found for under $100.

arivecchi
03-22-2010, 06:50 AM
I love my DH's Diaper Dude.

mousemom
03-22-2010, 09:43 AM
You might also consider looking at regular messenger style bags. We have a black one from my college days that we re-purposed for a diaper bag. It doesn't have quite as many pockets inside as we might like, but we separate things with ziploc bags/pouches. We can put the strap over our stroller handle, so no special stroller attachments are needed. And since it is just a regular, black bag, DH has no problem carrying it.

babyonway
03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Thank you everyone, if anyone has any other ideas I'd love them

salsah
03-24-2010, 12:42 AM
if the skip hop studio tote has rings for the stroller straps, you can just add on your own strap for carrying messenger style. you can borrow one from another bag, make your own, or have one made.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Vera Bradley has some messenger bags I like but I'm not sure if they have the zipper.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-28-2010, 10:30 PM
I think it is zippered! Here is a link:

http://www.verabradley.com/product/Messenger/154816/defaultColor/Imperial%20Toile/p/154816.uts