PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice re Graco Alano Flip It - so disappointed!!!!!!!!

kmemmb
03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
So I bought the Flip it and I am soooo disappointed! It steers HORRIBLY in reverse. Even in forward direction it just looks big and awkward and cheap. I try to lock the wheels to see how it would steer and one side keeps popping back out. Of course we threw out the box and receipt and bought the one with the pattern exclusive to Babies R Us which only accepts returns with receipts. I guess I just thought it would be ok (yes I am an idiot for not keeping the receipt or box!!!). I emailed Graco and have had no response. I was thinking of calling them in the morning but honestly I don't know if they will be any help. I really would like to return it and get something else. I wanted something reversible but didn't want to spend big bucks. I guess you get what you pay for! Any advice on what to do (besides not being stupid and throwing away things I should have saved lol!)? Thank you!!!!!!

arivecchi
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Can you sell it on craigslist? You might be able to sell it for just slightly less than retail price since it is so new.

Andi98989
03-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Have you talked to BRU at all? They were able to pull my up receipts from their system using my credit card number.

It sounds like it might be a defective stroller with the wheels not locking right; Graco might be willing to send you a replacement one if you're up for that.

Otherwise, I would just try and sell it on CL or at a garage sale.

lorinick
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Have you talked to BRU at all? They were able to pull my up receipts from their system using my credit card number.

It sounds like it might be a defective stroller with the wheels not locking right; Graco might be willing to send you a replacement one if you're up for that.

Otherwise, I would just try and sell it on CL or at a garage sale.

If you used a cc they can look it up. If it was a cash purcahse your on your own. The stroller is not defective. It's a bad design. I hate that stroller. I do think it is made cheap and the steering is the pits.

Did you try it out in the store? The steering problem is noticeable I feel right away.

kmemmb
03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the advice...will BRU take it back without the box?? I hope so! I really messed up by getting this one, it's not a good stroller at all. I think I was just so excited to see a reasonably priced reversible stroller, I grabbed it up without trying it out!

lorinick
03-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the advice...will BRU take it back without the box?? I hope so! I really messed up by getting this one, it's not a good stroller at all. I think I was just so excited to see a reasonably priced reversible stroller, I grabbed it up without trying it out!

If you have proof of purchase they will take it back without the box.

kmemmb
03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! SOOOOOO glad I came here. I thought my money was gone! I was able to return it to BRU without the box and receipt! I would have never known that you could do that if you didn't tell me!!! I thought it was a lost cause. I feel so much better about that now! I am leaning towards the City Mini but it was out of stock that night so now I can drive myself nuts some more while I make another decision. Thanks again!

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Good for you! The City Mini would be a good choice.

GraceH
03-26-2010, 12:06 AM
ummm, I thought your goal was to have a reversible stroller?
the BJCM is NOT reversible (unless they've changed something major while I wasn't paying attention)

arivecchi
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
No. The BJCM is not reversible. My guess is the OP is trying to find the best stroller for her budget which might mean getting a non-reversible one.

kmemmb
04-20-2010, 10:33 PM
oops! forgot to check back here! that is right-- i wanted a reversible stroller! but i didn't want to shell out the big bucks for one, and i also wanted something relatively small that could fit in the trunk of my sedan. i have a kolcraft contours 3 wheel which is reversible and is a great stroller, but the wheels are huge, not idea for the trunk or the mall. i use it as a jogging (walking!) stroller. so i got the city mini -- i love it! i was bummed about the non reversible part -- esp cuz i can never tell if the baby is sleeping without stopping! but it has an awesome canopy, folds up so easily and the steering is great, i love it!