PDA

View Full Version : Easter bag/basket gifts - not candy

AJP
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone! I am in charge of Easter bags for cousins & cousins' kids this year. I have 6 boys ranging from infant to 12 and - 10 girls from 18 months to 17. We do an egg hunt with candy in the eggs so I'd like to keep candy out of the bags.
I am ok on the younger girls, but have no idea about the 2 teens. Don't want to exclude them b/c of their age, but I'm sure they won't be thrilled with jump rope, sidewalk chalk and bubbles etc.
I'm struggling with the boys too. Any ideas?
Thanks!
AJ

elizabethkott
03-22-2010, 01:08 PM
iTunes gift cards?
This is my default go-to gift with the teen-set of my nieces and nephews. :)

AbbysMom
03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
My mom always gave me magazines in my Easter basket (like Teen Beat). Maybe you could go to Claire's and pick up some inexpensive jewerly or change purse type stuff as well? It's tough - it gets so expensive!

Charlie
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
For the teen girls - lip balm, nail polish, fun pens / highlighters, stationary, hair ties

For the boys - I think the younger boys will like the same thing as the younger girls - bubbles, stickers, sidewalk chalk, crayons/markers, coloring books, board books, etc. For the slightly older boys, you could get matchbox cars or any other small vehicle, small lego/duplo sets, puzzle books, balls. You could also check out Toobs and split up the contents between a few different kids. For the boys on the older side of the age range, I have no idea. I think a gift card may be the way to go.

rlmomto5
03-22-2010, 01:51 PM
What about lip gloss and fingernail polish? That's a few of the things I put in my teen daughter's Easter basket.

pinkmomagain
03-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I already got itunes gift cards for my older girls' baskets.

Girls would appreciate makeup and hairstuff, I'm sure. Boys? I don't know. Maybe some inexpensive, classic, funny movies on dvd?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Do the boys like baseball cards or comic books ? Or is that just my dorky DH.... Maybe a baseball glove or something?

sariana
03-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Movie tickets? Not sure what your budget is; movie tix are expensive now!

I think most theater chains now have gift cards. They can be used for tickets themselves or for snacks or drinks.

vonfirmath
03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
When I was a teenager, I got a fancy calculator one yaer (well, it did fractions and such. Not a graphing calculator.) I still have it.

another year, I got a microscope/flashlight thing.

Do you know these kids at all? If not, I'd do gift cards. This girl, as a teenager, would have found a easter basket filled with lipstick, makeup, etc. very... sterotypical. Very indicative that the person did not know me.

Melaine
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
What price range are you planning for?

bnme
03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Boys-Trading cards (anything from Mario to pokemon to Star Wars to sports), mini football, handball

Girls -Lip balm, nail polish, fun jewelry

Anyone - books, word search books, card gane

This year I am giving my 4th grade nephew an egg with $10 bill and some candy. I think I have already exhausted the other options over the years.

AJP
03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I was going to do some flip flops for the girls (1 tween and 2 teens) and some make-up or hair stuff but wasn't sure if it was good. I'm going to check with my sister for the boys...she'll know if they're into the trading/collecting card thing. Budget will depend on what I find - if that makes sense. Don't want to spend $10 on one thing per person and I also have about 16 bags to fill!