PDA

View Full Version : I think I have buyer’s remorse...

SM23Mama21
03-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I just bought a 2008 Honda Pilot SE for way more than I've ever spent on a vehicle!! If you own a Pilot, please tell me I didn't make a mistake!!

Ugh... I wish I didn't worry so much about money!

ourbabygirl
03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
We looked at many SUVs recently as we needed to get a new car for me, and the Pilots were one of my top choices! I think they're really good looking and have GREAT visibility out the back window versus everything else we looked at. We didn't end up getting one, but I do really like them (we were looking at older models of cars), and my friend & coworker has one that she loves.

You'll like it a lot, I'm sure! And you can't go wrong with a Honda! :)

jse107
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I have had a Pilot for 5 years and have been very happy with it. It handles well ini all weather, seats many people, and has been reliable.

Enjoy it!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-22-2010, 01:00 PM
My Honda was my best and most effective car only!

Carrots
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
I have had a 2007 Pilot EXL for about a month and I LOVE it. I went from a Volvo S40 (small sedan) to the Pilot and I am SO happy with it. Not sure how much you paid, but we think ours is worth every penny.

Honestly, it is really hard to write big checks, but I hope you find that you did make a good purchase. Good luck!!

(What color did you buy?) :)

AnnieW625
03-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a 2006 Honda Pilot and for an SUV I really like it. It's the only new car I have ever purchased, but I have been happy with it. I like that it rides like a truck, and I am really used to sitting up high now. This is my second Honda (first was a 96 Accord coupe that I loved soo much and hated getting rid of !) and will most likely not be our last either. Ours has almost 70K miles and with the exception of new tires, brake jobs, and oil changes no issues with it.

Ceepa
03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Sometimes big purchases just take a while to get used to. I hate that remorse feeling too.

daniele_ut
03-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I remember feeling that way when we bought our first almost-new car. At the time, $15K was way more than we had ever spent on anything! It turned out great, though, since we are still driving our super-reliable car 8 years later.

niccig
03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Sometimes big purchases just take a while to get used to. I hate that remorse feeling too.

I do the same. I always feel remorse.

momof2girls
03-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I have an MDX which is basically the same as a Pilot and I LOVE it....no remorse here and I plan on getting another one when this one bites the dust. Enjoy it!

KpbS
03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I have had a Pilot for 5 years and have been very happy with it. It handles well ini all weather, seats many people, and has been reliable.

Enjoy it!

:yeahthat:

Corie
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I love my Pilot!

SM23Mama21
03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I'm already starting to feel better.

I have had a 2007 Pilot EXL for about a month and I LOVE it. I went from a Volvo S40 (small sedan) to the Pilot and I am SO happy with it. Not sure how much you paid, but we think ours is worth every penny.

Honestly, it is really hard to write big checks, but I hope you find that you did make a good purchase. Good luck!!

(What color did you buy?) :)

Ours is silver (not my first pick, but it will do). What color did you get?

AnnieW625
03-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I'm already starting to feel better.

Mine is silver too. I was fine with anything but black or gold, but really wanted this pretty blue color they no longer have, but because we were getting it for below $7K less than MSRP I really wasn't going to argue or wait for the dealer to try and find us another one in that color for the same price. One nice thing about silver is that it doesn't show dirt, scratches, etc. as much as other colors.

SM23Mama21
03-22-2010, 06:52 PM
One nice thing about silver is that it doesn't show dirt, scratches, etc. as much as other colors.

That is so true!

codex57
03-22-2010, 07:20 PM
I've never heard of a Pilot owner who ever regretted the decision. The things sell like hot cakes for a reason.

wellyes
03-22-2010, 07:30 PM
I have a friend who is on her 2nd Pilot already - bought one, loved it, traded it in for another Pilot with AWD a year or two later. Definitely no regrets.

smiles33
03-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better about the major purchase! We have a silver 04 Pilot and are still happy about the buy. The funny part is that I was lusting over the Pilots when they first came out and only convinced DH to upgrade from our CR-V when he bought a boat (as he needed a more powerful towing capacity).

BigDog
03-22-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm having buyers remorse too because we just bought a brand new Subaru Forester after our other one bit the dust. But we also have an 05 Pilot which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Carrots
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Funny! I feel the same way about the color we got. (Silver was one of my top picks.) Ours is "deep cherry red" or burgandy. It had low miles, so we went for it.

MamaMolly
03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Love, love, love our Pilot. We bought it just about a year ago. It took some getting used to because of the size but other than that it has been a great car. When people come to visit it has been a dream to have the space. Give it some time.

Oh, and we bought silver because we live in a hot climate and wanted a light color. It is easy to keep clean!

KpbS
03-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Mine is silver too...but really wanted this pretty blue color they no longer have

:wavey: me too :)

Fairy
03-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Havent' read the replies. I have your exact pilot only one year newer, a 2009 that we just bought in August. I hate it. It's so wide that my depth perception on it is really bad, the visibility out any window is terrible, we're talkin' major blind spots, and the steering is very tight. I also drive with two feet, and the pedals are too close together for me to do that effectively, and I get shpilkies having to drive with one foot. And it's ugly as hell gunmetal grey. And I hate how the back slopes; truth is we'll never use that 3rd row seat.

That said, there's a financial and reliability element to our purchase that really spells out the fact taht we'd do it again. By buying a 2009 we got huge $$ off the car, plus cash for clunkers. Limited in the colors left, but I mean, this car is worth almost more on the bluebook than we paid for it. Almost. The 2010's were 10k more list than we paid for this. And this is a great quality car in so many ways. It could be alot worse. I wish it were the Toyota Highlander or the Buick Enclave that we really wanted, but again, d-e-a-l. Sometimes, money really does talk. So, when it comes right down to it, we're not complaining.