PDA

View Full Version : Moving to NoVa

JenChem
03-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Well I just had an official job offer in Manassas, VA. So we are looking to move there to accomodate a start date of June 1st (omg that is so close). Any neighborhood advice? Just looking at maps and jobs for my DH, it seems like the programming jobs he'd like are in Vienna, Reston, Herndon and we could split the commute and live in Chantilly or Centreville. How is renting in the area? We'd have to relocate so quickly that we would have to be lucky to find a home to buy. What do rents and/or prices on a 3BR home go for now? The only NoVa threads I see in my searches are over 2 years old so I figure some of the info might have changed.

g-mama
03-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey there! I live right where you are looking. Our address is Fairfax but 1/2 a mile from our house in one direction is Chantilly and 1/2 a mile in the other direction is Centreville. I wish I could tell you about rents, but we've owned in this area for 12 years so I just don't know. It's much less expensive in Centreville and Chantilly than closer in (like Arlington and Vienna) so that's a good thing and you are right, that is right in between Manassas and the other areas you mentioned.

PM me if you need any help regarding preschools or anything like that. Good luck!