PDA

View Full Version : Dog for sale...cheap!

tnrnchick74
03-22-2010, 08:28 PM
As in I will give you $$ to take her!!!

Sat nite/Sun morning she pooped all over my bed - why? BECAUSE I WAS CLEANING PUKE in DS's room! She's "jealous" or so the vet says.

Today, I come home to a HOUSE FULL OF POOP!!! In DS's room, in my room, in the living room...every single corner of the house EXCEPT that which is tile or linoleum!!! ALL THE CARPET!!!

And yes, she was in her crate - apparently she got out. How, I have no clue. But I'm OVER it.

Dog, you have 24 hrs to get your butthole under control or I will find a new home for you...and you may not like the home I find.

Indianamom2
03-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh my!

As the owner of a dufus of a dog who downed 95 ibuprofen when I forgot to put her in her crate, within a year of joining our family...and lived (and made me seriously consider purchasing pet insurance), and a cat who poops right outside her litterbox EVERY single time (and has for 8 years), I feel your pain.

When these pets are gone...no more. And I never ever thought I'd say that.

bubbaray
03-22-2010, 09:45 PM
You are a much more patient woman that I am. Have you considered a trainer?

FWIW, my dog woke me up at 5am puking. The one freakin' night that both the girls slept through the night in their own beds. Sigh.

GL!

mamicka
03-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Oh my! I hope this passes soon. No pun intended.

MamaMolly
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Seriously I have admired your patience. I think your story from long ago about stepping in the poop would have been ...well, not the kiss of death, but I'd have been pushed pretty close to my limit.

But pooping in my bed?

I know I risk getting flamed but: SO LONG Rover.

FWIW we re-homed our dog when he cleared a 5 ft. fence and mauled a neighbor's cat to death. While DH was trying to pull him off. This was a dog who was theoretically trained on voice command, and who lived in our house with 2 cats!! But once he crossed that line it was time for him to go. We couldn't leave him in the house with the cats, we couldn't leave him in the yard with neighborhood kids running around all the time. I took him to a no-kill shelter and gave them a full disclosure of the situation. I found the shelter through a very kind dog trainer. Rescue agencies weren't interested in helping with an aggressive dog. You might have better luck with a rescue situation.

I truly wish we'd done it sooner.

Oh, and I know you may just be venting, but I thought I'd share my BTDT anyway.

gatorsmom
03-22-2010, 11:07 PM
The first thing I thought when I read the title was, "oh no, what did that dog do now?"

We had to dog sit my MIL's dog one time and he pooped in every room every day we dog sat him. MIL claims she had no idea he would ever do such a thing, that little angel. Uh, huh, right. Cleaning that up was AWFUL. I for one didn't mourn when Toby died.

To all the posters here, I'm sorry for all the yucky pet situations you have been in, but frankly, this thread gave me a great laugh. The cat who poops outside her box everytime- priceless.

And just this weekend DH was whining about how much the kids would love a dog. Thank God for threads like these that bring me back to my senses.

sarahsthreads
03-22-2010, 11:09 PM
We could trade?

Mine pees on the carpet. I think I'd prefer to clean up poop. At least *most* of it comes up easily...

It's really sad, because Molly was my first "baby", and I do love her, but I am counting the years until we can rip up the carpet and subflooring in the family room and have a house that no longer smells like dog pee all the time. Her anxiety issues started long before we had kids, so it's not jealousy, and she is so, so, so patient and good with the kids. But I hate the pee. Hate. It.

I feel your pain.

Sarah

tnrnchick74
03-23-2010, 04:32 AM
I've tried training...and when she WANTS to, she's fine.

She loves DS, but she has jealousy issues. I try to spend as much time as I can with her, but honestly there isn't enough time in the day to give her as much attention as she wants.

She's a cocker spaniel, so she's inherently stupid. I'm sure someone will come back and tell me how wonderful the breed is...yep, I'm sure they are. But they are airheads too...and stubborn....and notoriously hard to house train. And have "nervous stomachs".

I ended up getting her because the psycho ex wanted a cocker spaniel, and I wanted a dog. So I ended up buying her. I would have preferred a long hair dauchsaund, or another smaller breed. But I didn't.

I don't WANT to get rid of her, but if I found the perfect older retired couple I would consider it. She needs someone home most of the day.

I love her dearly & we have been best friends through a lot of crap (not literally)...but HER CRAP has got to start. I just keep trying to think that as DS gets older, she will get less jealous.

Sigh.

I need to buy a carpet cleaner...

twowhat?
03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Get thee some Nature's Miracle (or similar enzyme cleaner). It got out our dog's horrible watery diarrhea accident that sat on the carpet for hours before we found it (she was so guilty she tried to hide it in a corner). Got out the smell AND the stain (with some scrubbing). It gets out pee/poop smells beautifully, and you may have to scrub a little for stains but for me, the smell is the biggest issue!

As for your hard-headed dog, I'm sorry about that!!!

ETA - it will also get out the smell if the poop got into your mattress - just soak that spot in Nature's Miracle. Worked for when one of our girls had a leaky poopy diaper while sitting on our bed.