PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party pizza & cake or just cake?

jacksmomtobe
03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Ok So DS's 6th Birthday party is scheduled for 12:30pm on a Sunday at an indoor baseball place. That was the only workable time around the dates we were looking. The kids will play for an hour then we have a 1/2 hour in a party room. Do I have both pizza & cake?? I will have to bring everything but I think I can have SIL pick up the pizza to make things easier. The place is about 20 minutes from our home so the kids would have to leave their own homes around noon. I don't mind arranging to have both but I'm wondering what makes sense and what is expected (I will be sending on a reminder on evite this week & want to specify what will be served either way).

Thanks!

motherofone
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I think I'd expect lunch at that time-unless it was clearly stated on the invite that it would be cake only.

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2010, 10:22 PM
If you say cake only then that is fine to only do cake. I don't mind no lunch at that time but I would want to know because I might expect it if I wasn't told one way or the other.

Beth

DietCokeLover
03-23-2010, 12:35 AM
I would probably expect some sort of lunch at that time of day.

citymama
03-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Usually I'd say cake and snacks OK, but since it's lunchtime, I think pizza would be welcomed!

jacksmomtobe
03-23-2010, 06:52 AM
My only concern with the pizza is that we have 1/2 hour to do both that and cake. They also won't be eating until @1:30. I guess I could try to have the pizza set up before the kids walk in the party room. And I guess Kindergarteners don't take too long to eat. I'll have to ask my friend who had a party at this place a few questions about the logisitics so I can have an idea how I should organize things. Better call SIL to make sure she can help out that day.

Thanks for all the input!

SnuggleBuggles
03-23-2010, 08:03 AM
30 minutes is plenty of time for cake and pizza, ime. But, if you are also going to open presents you just need to move things along.

Beth

mariza
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
At that time I would definitely expect lunch. It would be too hard logistically to feed a kid lunch at home before the party and nearly impossible to get my kids to eat lunch after filling up on cake.
I don't think most parents would mind them being served at the same time though if that would make your timing better. One bite of pizza, one bite of cake :)

elephantmeg
03-23-2010, 08:30 AM
I would expect lunch

infomama
03-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Pizza and cake. You can pull it off in 30 minutes, no problem.