PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk shoes...

EQ_Bo_07
03-22-2010, 10:23 PM
What are your most comfortable/casual shoes?
Most stylish shoes?
Most expensive?

I'll start.
I love my Aeroloes
Shoes I bought at Ann Taylor for my SIL's wedding- 3 1/2 inch heels
In the market for one. The most expensive ones are probably around $75.

MamaMolly
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
What are your most comfortable shoes?
Most stylish shoes?
Most expensive?

Most expensive/comfortable: My Dansko clogs, but I still got them on sale! :) I'm a BBB mama after all.
Most stylish: depends on what you call stylish ;) I love a pair of Cole Haans I bought for DD's baptism. They are be-yooooooo-tiful and surprisingly comfy especially given the heel height...about 3 inches! My other stylin' shoes are a pair of silly platform flip-flops I bought at a fair that are golds and browns, they have gobs of rhinestones on the straps and right between the toes is a springy rhinestone butterfly. They crack me up every time I wear them.

misshollygolightly
03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
I recently bought my first pair of Tom's and I am living in them from now on. They are FABULOUS. Must buy more...and soon! I keep wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits everyday since I don't have a ton of clothes appropriate to this weather that match my awesome purple Tom's. Love, love, LOVE them.

sunshine873
03-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Most comfortable: Teva Mush flip flops. I :love5: these shoes and wear them just about every day March - Oct/Nov.
Most stylish: Ugh...Probably some dressy 3" heels. Black with dark sparklies all over them. They're beautiful. I've worn them twice. :(
Most expensive: My Saucony tennis shoes. That's pitiful. I so need more shoes.

gatorsmom
03-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Oooh, fun! I LOVE shoes.

Ok, What are your most comfortable/casual shoes?
Well, certainly my athletic shoes top the chart but of NON athletic shoes I have a pair of purple suede loafers. I think the brand name is Hush Puppy, seriously. But I can walk the Mall of America all day long and my feet still feel like a million bucks.

Most stylish shoes? Hmm, well I guess it depends what you mean by stylish. I have a beautiful pair of black leather and wooden clogs that I bought in Italy about 15 years ago. They have studs on the sides and I've read that they are very trendy right now. I have a pair of wedge mules with leopard- pattern ribbons on them which I LOVE. And I just bought a pair of black, patent leather wedge boots that are pretty fashionable. I did get the Via Spiga heels that I just posted about in the Mommy wear forum about a week ago and I think they are super sexy.

Most expensive? The most expensive were a pair of black leather boots that I bought back in 2001. I paid $350 for them. It nearly killed me to spend that much but I really wanted a pair of knee-high black, high-heeled boots. This was before I had kids so I could spend several hours trying on lots of different boots at different stores that were much cheaper. But they all were terribly uncomfortable except these. These were extremely comfortable- felt like a slipper. Really. I'd still wear them today but their square toe box and chunkier heel make them look a little dated. sigh. But, while they were stylish I wore the heck out of them.

BabyMine
03-22-2010, 11:46 PM
What are your most comfortable/casual shoes? I Love my Easy Spirit Mules. http://www.zappos.com/easy-spirit-traveltime-light-blue-white-suede ( mine are all white) I bought mine at TJ Maxx fro $19.
For winter my Ugg Tasman. http://www.zappos.com/ugg-tasman-chestnut-2

Most stylish shoes? I don't think I have any.

Most expensive? Probably my sneakers. I have a couple that were $100+ but I have had them for a looooong time.

smiles33
03-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Most comfortable: Probably any of my Born slides. I love the cushioning as I get the 2-3" wedge/platform slides so it feels like I'm walking on air.

Most stylish: That's tough. I guess my 4" stiletto Calvin Klein strappy sandals/heels. I rarely wear them anymore but always get compliments on them. In terms of regularly worn shoes, I often get compliments on these cute patent leather Geox flats.

Most expensive: It's been years since I've spent more than $100 on shoes. I love DSW and Amazon so I never pay retail anymore. I only buy at clearance/sale prices and usually luck out with styles I like from brands like Via Spiga, Born, Cole Haan, Enzo Angiolini, Martinez Valero, Kenneth Cole, and Bruno Magli.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Most expensive: Prada loafers. Via Spiga and Coach follow...

Comfortable:Uggs in the winter, Simple Mary Janes in the summer.

Stylish, I have several, but never wear them after DD due to comfort!

kwc
03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Most comfy?
either my Asics running shoes or, if slippers count, Haflinger boiled wool slippers

Most stylish?
Prob these button up boots... I dress fairly conservatively so these were fun for me:

http://www.endless.com/dp/B0023RRDX0ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1KT35SQXQH1VVRFB5P35&pf_rd_m=AF16NM0QF9TKW&p

Most expensive?
The splurge boots above (which have gotten a ton of wear) or these Coach heels I just bought, which I will be lucky to get two wears out of (but am wearing to SIL's wedding):

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3080324/0~2376780~6009391~6010096~6022517~6022518?P=1

kijip
03-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Most comfortable: A really ratty old pair of black keen mary janes. Let me underscore the ratty element.

Most stylish: Depends on your version of stylin'. For some that is Naot mary janes, for others double strap Fluevogs and still others super high spike heels with pointy toes.

Most expensive: I usually pay $100-200 on shoes. Sometimes a little more than $200. The most expensive pair I have is a pair of Fluevogs probably. I am resisting a pair of $230 Born boots right now.

newg
03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
most comfy........either my running shoes or my privos.

most stylish..........my Guess 3'' heel black shoes. I love them and only wear them for special occasions......I swear, when I have to shop for a dress I try to find one that matches these shoes!

Most expensive: hmmmm....it's been a while since I bought shoes, but either my borns, privos, or my running shoes.

Melaine
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I recently bought my first pair of Tom's and I am living in them from now on. They are FABULOUS. Must buy more...and soon! I keep wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits everyday since I don't have a ton of clothes appropriate to this weather that match my awesome purple Tom's. Love, love, LOVE them.

Oooohhh I'm intrigued. Never heard of these, but it's such a neat idea. Thanks!

gatorsmom
03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
......I swear, when I have to shop for a dress I try to find one that matches these shoes!

I put the horse before the cart all.the.time. I base outfits AROUND my shoes nearly always. Just today I saw a cute chartreuse-colored hoodie at Target that I thought would look pretty with my bright purple suede loafers.

viba424
03-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Most comfy - Besides my Pumas, probably my Pour La Victoire flats, or Bloch flats.

Also got some no-name suede slip on ankle boots from Neiman Marcus and they are friggin comfortable and so cheap! Says Don Diego on the bottom, but I cant find any such brand, but I think they carry them each year.

Most stylish - Christian Louboutin Ron Rons in purple metallic

Most expensive - Christian Louboutin brown suede boots

salsah
03-24-2010, 12:18 AM
since having kids:

most comfy: privos
most stylish: privos
most expensive: privos

MontrealMum
03-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Well, I guess it depends on your lifestyle and what you're planning on doing in them. I love shoes. :heartbeat: them. I own over 100 pairs, maybe more, I don't want to know :bag. My shoe size has not changed (much - darned 1/2 size due to pregnancy!!!) since I was 12, and yes, I still wear pairs from back then. My husband has learned to live with my obsession which I learned from my mom, and grandmother.

most comfortable: pair after pair of Merrell Jungle Mocs, along with a pair of gold leather Nikes
most stylish: not really sure how to answer this, by whose standards, etc. Keep in mind, I am a shoe nut, but I am not big on following trends. For *me* my most stylish pairs are...
-my Nine West dk. purple suede/patent leather knee high boots with electric green satin lining and trim
-pair of JP Tod's iconic loafers
-Frye clogs
-absolutely gorgeous green/cobalt velvet square-toed pumps from Pied-a-Terre
-Repetto Mary Janes
most expensive: that's a tie between the shoes I wore for my wedding (Peter Fox) and a gorgeous pair of Coach rust suede boots with a wooden stacked heel that I bought at the Rack...however, I almost never pay full price for shoes, so my expensive is under $200. Most expensive footwear in my posession would be athletic gear (ski boots, cycling shoes).

If it's a bright color, sequined, velvet, patent, or metallic (that's not restricted to things like gold, I have a pair of red metallic ballet flats)...I have to have it. The only thing I've slowed down on recently is the height of heels that I wear.