PDA

View Full Version : Princeton study regarding HFCS and weight gain

elliput
03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain (http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/index.xml?section=topstories)

Snip- "A Princeton University research team has demonstrated that all sweeteners are not equal when it comes to weight gain: Rats with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was the same."

I'm willing to pony up my butt and hips as living proof in humans.

edurnemk
03-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I was just talking about this with my parents 2 days ago, my dad didn't really believe me when I told him HFCS makes you gain more weight. He thinks I'm obsessive since I read ingredients on everything and I avoid HFCS. I just sent him this link, thanks for posting!

Katigre
03-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Yes!!! Just posted this on FB :).

katydid1971
03-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the post. It confirms what I've been thinking for a few years.

squimp
03-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Thank you for posting! Now perhaps they will take those stupid commercials away!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Thank you for posting! Now perhaps they will take those stupid commercials away!

My spoof would be
"A-Wow, you don't care about shooting up? B-Heroin isn't bad it's made from poppy plants and is fine in moderation. It comes from nature":ROTFLMAO:

DrSally
03-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the post. It's hard sometimes trying to explain to others why we try to avoid HFCS. I mention it's link to childhood obesity and people say "your kids are in no danger of being obesei". Yeah, my point exactly.

jse107
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, check out what the Corn Refiners are saying. I think you're all just over-reacting (she says with sarcasm).
http://www.corn.org/princeton-hfcs-study-errors.html

essnce629
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I just posted this to my FB this morning! I think it's so interesting to hear how it acts so much differently in the body compared to normal table sugar, even though they are not all that different. It's nasty stuff and does nasty stuff to the body. It's just so sad that kids who buy lunch are getting fed this at school every single day-- definately not helping the childhood obesity epidemic. And it's addicting too!

I refuse to buy anything that has HFCS in it and this is just one of the reasons.

DrSally
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I just posted this to my FB this morning! I think it's so interesting to hear how it acts so much differently in the body compared to normal table sugar, even though they are not all that different. It's nasty stuff and does nasty stuff to the body. It's just so sad that kids who buy lunch are getting fed this at school every single day-- definately not helping the childhood obesity epidemic. And it's addicting too!

I refuse to buy anything that has HFCS in it and this is just one of the reasons.

I'm new to FB, yes, I finally joined. Where do you post things of interest? On your wall or on your "links" or somewhere else? Also, I linked to NY Times and now it keeps posting to my wall with never-ending news feeds.