PDA

View Full Version : Followup? Maclaren vs. Inglesina

KenReeves
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks everyone for your answers to my earlier question.

Looks like I am coming down to the following 3 alternatives for my 9 mos DS.

Maclaren Quest
Macalaren Triumph
Inglesina Trip

Any insights/experience with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Are the only differences between the Quest and the Triump (besides $50) more recline options with the Quest and a Foot Rest?

Thx much

arivecchi
03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Love my Triumph. Got it when DS1 was 8-9 months old. He still uses it. DS2 started using it at 5 months. It is my husband's favorite stroller. The kids love it too. Easy fold. Fits anywhere. Comfy for both kids. Easy to steer. Perfect for air travel.

lorinick
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks everyone for your answers to my earlier question.

Looks like I am coming down to the following 3 alternatives for my 9 mos DS.

Maclaren Quest
Macalaren Triumph
Inglesina Trip

Any insights/experience with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Are the only differences between the Quest and the Triump (besides $50) more recline options with the Quest and a Foot Rest?

Thx much

Yes that is the only differences. I stopped using my Mac Quest when my son turned two and half. I was tired of it tipping over. In the mall now he likes to get in and out. I always have things hanging on the handles in the mall. So am now using the City Mini which I love. He no longer tips the stroller. I loved my mac until he started getting in and out. It is great for travel.

WatchingThemGrow
03-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I'd say to get the Triumph. We love ours. We put any bags in the basket and don't have a problem with tipping.

lorinick
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd say to get the Triumph. We love ours. We put any bags in the basket and don't have a problem with tipping.

I couldn't fit all my bag in the basket.

ged
03-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I have the Trip, and I like it very much. As you can probably tell, the Macs get a ton of love on the board. For whatever the reason, I kinda wanted a different one, so I went with the Trip. No complaints...but perhaps it doesn't steer as well one handed as the Macs supposedly do? Our Trip has held up great, and we have taken it on many international trips :) . I can't remember all the comparisons, but I do like the leg rest for those very few times we needed it (once in a torrential rain storm in Prague where amazingly my never nap in the stroller daughter fell asleep!). I got mine on discount, and it did not come with the rain cover, so I can't comment on that. The foam that covers the handle has flaked off in some parts, but to be honest, we are very rough with our strollers, so it could totally be our fault. I am happy with the fold, the basket size, and the little zipper pocket and peek a boo window at the back of the canopy (facing the parent).

ETA: The Trip is less $$, I believe, so it falls between the Triumph and the Quest, but has most of the same extras the Quest has.

satchnbucky
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
I said in the last thread that we're happy with our triumph, but just to add another log onto the fire, gilt has macs on right now - here's the thread

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=354007

the owen ryder (which has a suspension, full recline, etc) is $185 plus shipping. (Kate Spade is $200) That seems like a pretty good deal...

ssand23
03-25-2010, 07:02 AM
We own a Mac Quest now. We also used to own a Mac Vogue (pretty much all the same features as the Quest) and 2 Mac Daytrippers (similar seat to the Volo but has the recline like the Triumph & no leg/foot rest like the Triumph).

I very much prefer the Quest for the leg rest. I use the leg rest every time & really only used the Mac with out the leg rest as an extra stroller at grandmas. I prefer the leg rest for all ages, little babies & older toddlers who fell asleep. I know some don't mind no leg rest but I do.