PDA

View Full Version : Easter meal

DietCokeLover
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
What are you making for Easter dinner? I need some ideas. I bought a spiral sliced ham, but am wondering if I want to do something different.

AbbysMom
03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Just bumping up... Wondering the same thing myself. I usually do a ham for dinner but no one likes ham much so I was looking for other suggestions as well. Last year, we went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries on Easter. Maybe that should be a tradition!

JaneW
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
I know it sounds crazy but we stick with Turkey as the main course. Everyone loves it at the winter holidays, so figure why change if it is already popular with all the relatives who show up.

Tondi G
03-25-2010, 12:43 PM
we don't have Easter Dinner... we have lunch. So we have a Honeybaked ham out and buy rolls so everyone can make sandwiches. Usually pasta salad and potato salad, Vegis n dip, fruit salad, chips. Last year I bought a huge package of strawberries and we melted down a ton of the regular chocolate eggs and kisses the kids collected and dipped the berries... it was so yummy!

Tondi G
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
meant to post in my previous thred.... you could try Lamb instead of Ham.

Our Leg of Lamb recipe is pretty simple... season with salt/pepper and garlic powder. chop rosemary and add to dijon mustard... coat the lamb with the mustard/rosemary and roast in the oven. People always seem to enjoy it. serve with mint sauce. we usually have roasted red potatoes and asparagus or green beans. we also sometimes saute onions and zucchini to go with it.

clc053103
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Last year we had this meal and it was such a hit we will duplicate much of it this year:

Beef Tenderloin (so easy!! it went on the grill leaving the oven free for side dishes).
horseradish sauce and blue cheese sauce (both barefoot contessa recipes)
herbed potatoes
broccoli casserole
brussell sprouts with pancetta
stuffed zucchini

bnme
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Our main dish is ham. I would do lamb but DH and his family won't touch it :irked:.

I will have 15-20 people so I do a buffet 'dinner for lunch' (big meal at around 2/3pm)

stuffed shells
spiral ham from BJs
green bean salad
spinach pie
glazed carrots
mashed potatoes

for apps I am serving mini quiche from BJs, crudite, cheese & crackers, and my mom is making a traditional italian pie called pizza rustica (basically a pie'like crust stuffed with riccotta and many italian meats and cheeses...yum)

alien_host
03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Our traditional Easter dinner is leg of lamb, a potato (roasted new potatoes or scalloped) and a veggie (asparagus or green beans, steamed). I usually also serve rolls and some sort of dessert.