PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a double for various combos of my 3 kids?

SweetTooth
03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
It's been a while since I've visited this forum! I used to know about many of the strollers out there, but I'm now out of date. I'm hoping some of you can help me find a stroller that would work in my situation. I have three kids, a 5-year-old, 2-year-old & 4-mos-old. All three are tall for their age and all three are potential riders. I wear my baby most of the time and my 5-year-old still likes to ride, so I'm looking for a double that will accommodate various combinations of the three kids, infant & 5-yr-old, 5-yr-old & 2-yr-old, etc.

We have a Joovy Ultralight that serves us well for the short walk from our minivan to school. I'm looking for an all-terrain one but it doesn't need to be an actual jogger. MBUD? Bob? Baby Jogger City Classic Double? Summit? Any others out there? This will be used for longer outings like the zoo, fair, etc.

I've searched the boards, but if someone can summarize which ones have high canopies, weight limits, etc., that would be most helpful!
TIA,

BeachBum
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
We have a MBUD and the canopy isn't very tall. But, it still pushes great with my 4.5 yr old and 1 yr old in it. When the 1 yr old twins are in the stroller, my 4.5 yr old can also catch a ride on the foot board. The lascal buggy board also works well with this stroller. The weight limit is 100lbs.

jacksmoma
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
baby jogger hands down if you'll have a 5 year old rider at times. i've had both the bj city classic and elite doubles and they rock. super easy push but quite heavy to load in the car but fine for longer outtings :)

arivecchi
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
You should also look at the Valco Twin Trimode - it could potentially fit all three of your kids as you can add a toddler seat or a hitch hiker board. Valcos are fab because they are great quality strollers, are great to maneuver, have tons of room for tall kids, lots of storage, come with some accessories, look like new after lots of abuse. Great resale value too. I have the Valco Trimode single and a BJCCD. I really love the BJCCD as well, but would have gotten a Valco Twin Trimode if I had had the money.

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/valco-twin-trimode-runabout.html

salsah
03-24-2010, 02:02 PM
We have a MBUD and the canopy isn't very tall. But, it still pushes great with my 4.5 yr old and 1 yr old in it. When the 1 yr old twins are in the stroller, my 4.5 yr old can also catch a ride on the foot board. The lascal buggy board also works well with this stroller. The weight limit is 100lbs.

:yeahthat: i have managed a 6, 4, and 2 yr old in my mbud with ease. two in the seats, one on the footboard.
there are also strollers with add on jump seats. iirc, there is one my a company called abc, where the jump seat is on the handle bars. the steering is much better than the strollers with the jump seat out in front.

salsah
03-24-2010, 02:03 PM
here it is:

http://adventurebuggycompany.com/

WatchingThemGrow
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I tried to write back this morning on my ipod, but it powered down :(
Your answer is the Baby Jogger City Elite Double. We've had it since shortly after DS1 was born. It is wonderful. The canopies are taller than the BOB, and also taller than the Classic version because they are bubble-shaped. I use it as my every day stroller for my combination of 3 DC - 3.5, 2, and 9mo. My oldest usually likes to ride, and my 2yo will sometimes hold my hand, ride in the footwell or on the Valco board we use occasionally. On Monday, I took it in/out of the car to go to Walmart, TRU, Honda dealer, and Target. It isn't too heavy to get in/out of the car, especially if you're used to lifting up a kid for one reason or another. The parent console on the BJCED is big enough to hold drinks/snacks for you and the 3 DC also, which is oh, so important to keep everyone happy. for a little while I owned a BOB Rev. Duallie, and although it was fun, the adjustable handlebar (which my 2yo can hold onto in the lowest position), the fold and the taller seatbacks won out. We also have a BJCMD, which is fine for indoor and travel, but the seats are much smaller and the push is not as good with heavier bigger DC.

I want to try the glider board to see if it is better than the Hitchhiker board on the back.

strollerqueen
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
2010 UPPAbaby Vista with Rumble seat and PIGGYback riding board. I am totally in love! :love5:

Jelly Bean
03-26-2010, 11:53 AM
2010 UPPAbaby Vista with Rumble seat and PIGGYback riding board. I am totally in love! :love5:

I'm so glad to hear you say this! I absolutely adore my 2010 Vista and was hoping that someone had feedback about using it as a double (and triple!)!

arivecchi
03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Why did they make the Uppa board out of wood?

http://mbeans.com/uppa-baby-piggyback-ride-on-board.html

I saw one a couple of weeks ago and it was so dirty.

WatchingThemGrow
03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I stuck my 2yo in the 2010 Vista 2 days ago and his head wash pushing out the top of the mesh "window" and the canopy pushed his head fwd. It wouldn't work for our family.

arivecchi
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I stuck my 2yo in the 2010 Vista 2 days ago and his head wash pushing out the top of the mesh "window" and the canopy pushed his head fwd. It wouldn't work for our family. I agree WTG. DS1 would have outgrown the Vista a long time ago and he just turned 3. He has lots of room in the Valco and the BJCCD. Thanks for talking me into getting a BJCCD! :bowdown: