PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Recommendataion

dukie41181
03-24-2010, 10:03 AM
We are going to be in need of a double stroller and I thought of no better place to ask for recommendations! Here are our desires....

-We'd like a stroller that will accomodate both a nearly 2 year old and a newborn (possibly be able to accept an infant car seat too - we have a Graco Snugride that we could use)

-I'd like the stroller to have some cool features (even though I don't know what those "cool" features would be! LOL)

-A stroller that is good with different types of surfaces (we'll use it at the mall but also out and about in the neighborhood and in town)

-Something that isn't a PIA to fold and otherwise handle

Thanks!

dukie41181
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Something else to add to my list of ideal features...

-The ability to have the seats looking toward me pushing or the seats looking outward (I don't even know if they make this feature in a double stroller and to make the order taller it would be nice if the seats were independant meaning one could be one way and the other could be another way).

dukie41181
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Has anyone had an experience with the Valco Ion EX 4 Two stroller? I saw it on the Buy Buy Baby website and it looks interesting...

arivecchi
03-24-2010, 10:59 AM
SQ has a glowing review of the single version.

http://www.lunch.com/Strollerland/reviews/UserReview-Valco_Ion-16-1435783-17635-Valco_Ion_Stroller_Review.html

Valcos are great so if you think it will meet your needs, I would not hesitate to get one.

P.S. Call Let's Go Strolling. They are Valco experts.

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/Valco-Ion-Twin-Stroller.html

goldenpig
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Something else to add to my list of ideal features...

-The ability to have the seats looking toward me pushing or the seats looking outward (I don't even know if they make this feature in a double stroller and to make the order taller it would be nice if the seats were independant meaning one could be one way and the other could be another way).
Check out the Baby Jogger City Select. $$$$, but it has this feature.

We just got the Joovy Ergo Caboose, it's a great tandem stroller for newborns/toddlers (accepts car seat in the back).

salsah
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
have you seen the new stroll air my duo? it looks nice but i wouldn't want to fold it and load in and out of the car. it would make a great stroller for around the neighborhood. for in and out of the car, i like the bjcmd. but that is mostly because i don't have the strength to manage anything heavier in and out of the car on a daily basis. i have mbud that i adore but i only use it around our neighborhood so i rarely fold it. the few times that i did (for zoo, farm, trail trips), it wasn't that bad. the fold is easy and it is relatively lightweight and compact. i don't think that it takes a car seat on one side but you can put a basinette on one side.

ebjw
03-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I've decided on the Stroll-Air My Duo. It is brand new and has reversible seats. Baby Gizmo just put a review of it on You Tube, check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxIA9eKcHlI