PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take a Beta Blocker or have a SO who does?

Tondi G
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
My Dh went in to his doctor yesterday and the doc freaked out with DH's high blood pressure. Had him lay down and try to relax... retook the BP and it was still high. SO he gave him something in the office right then and there to try to bring it down and prescribed Coreg/Carvedilol for him to take ... he will monitor and see if they can get it under control. My DH isn't a medicine taking person so it is difficult for him to be taking a twice daily medication... on the regular. I have a hard enough time getting him to take tylenol when he has pain or a decongestant when he's sick. Taking the meds is better than waiting for him to have a heart attack! So far the only thing I've noticed is that it makes him really mellow.

So I guess I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with these meds of with their spouse/SO taking them. Anything to worry about? I've read up on the potential side effects.... my DH's family has a LONG history of depression and this is on the list.... as is impotence. I think my hubby will flip if that happens!

Thanks for any info/advise you have to offer!

Andi98989
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Haven't BTDT, but I'm surprised that they started him on meds immediately. Everyone I know who has high readings has had to monitor it outside of the office to see if it was stress related to being in the office ("white coat syndrome") or if it is an actual consistent issue.