PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Stroller Conundrum: Mac Triumph or Uppa G-luxe?

traveler4ever
03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Which is the preferred? I had a volo i just sold because we needed a recline. Now I am confused between the two. I like that the g-luxe stands folding, better shade...i like the fabrics and resale value on the macs. If I can get both for the same price, which would you choose?

Any leads on good sales on triumphs or g-luxes?

AnnieW625
03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
A few months back here there were some posts about the two, most preferred the fabric on the Triumph more. If you are near a BRUS you can always check out the Triumph in person which I like vs. the Uppas they are only in more upscale areas. We have litterally used our Triumph soo much since we bought it almost 3 yrs ago when DD was 3 mos. old. It's a great stroller and have never had any issues with it. I just bought a Techno for the new baby so it would have the full recline and a few other options. My Triumph almost stands when propped up again something. If you want to look on ebay for a 2006 (or 2007, I think) model those ones have the flippable sun shade, which I love.

If you are in So Cal please PM me I am toying with the idea of selling the Triumph once my Techno gets here this weekend.

arivecchi
03-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Triumph all the way! The fabric is much nicer. The fabric on the Uppas I've seen is so thin it is almost see-through!

meme9300
03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Mac for SURE! The Standing fold on the g-luxe is nice but, there were other things about it I really didn't like compared to the Mac...especially the fabric (I think the canopy fabric looks and feels like spandex pants). Also, I don't love a strap recline (I believe it has that...).

I have a Mac and adore it!

ebjw
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I went back and forth between the two and ended up with the G-Luxe. I don't regret it. The standing fold was a huge deal for me and I'm glad I made it a priority. Seeing the two next to each other in the store just made me like it better than the Triumph. I had a slight issue with the recline strap and UPPAbaby sent me a brand new stroller right away when I emailed them my receipt.