PDA

View Full Version : maternity capris reccomendation

boltfam
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Spring is finally here (sometimes)! I'm outgrowing my maternity pants that I've worn most of my pregnancy and only have seven weeks left, but I'm thinking I would like some new jean capris to get me through. The stores around me that I can actually try the clothes on at are Motherhood, Younkers, Target, and Kohl's. I have a Macy's too, but not sure of selection. The ON near me has like NO maternity clothes. :( I'm not opposed to ordering online but I would like to be relatively sure of the fit first. Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA!

wellyes
03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Can't be much help because all of mine are Old Navy.... but .... if you order online and don't like the fit, you can always return it to the store without having to pay return shipping. And since ON has flat-rate shipping (I think it's like $6), you could theoretically order every pair of capris they offer -- in several size options each -- and just keep 1 or 2, return the rest for full refund.

Maybe I'm just biased when it comes to maternity shopping but as a petite plus size my options are SO limited and there really is nothing in stores so I've resigned myself to online. And it's worked out surprisingly well for me.

AnnieW625
03-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Target has one style of Liz Lange cropped jeans (I tried them in Santa Ana, CA). I just tried some on and they didn't fit me very well; kind of bummed because the shorts I had last time just looked awful on me this time! I think I am going to look at Kohls, and maybe Motherhood. Thankfully it doesn't usually get horribly hot here until July so there might be some hope that I can get into some of my regular clothes by then.

I haven't bought a whole lot of stuff from ON this time, but last time I had way better luck with their online stuff than I did in the store. Wellyes, great idea! I might need to do that too! Too bad I didn't look last week when I ordered from regular Gap Maternity during Give and Get Give :banghead:

boltfam
03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Can't be much help because all of mine are Old Navy.... but .... if you order online and don't like the fit, you can always return it to the store without having to pay return shipping. And since ON has flat-rate shipping (I think it's like $6), you could theoretically order every pair of capris they offer -- in several size options each -- and just keep 1 or 2, return the rest for full refund.

Maybe I'm just biased when it comes to maternity shopping but as a petite plus size my options are SO limited and there really is nothing in stores so I've resigned myself to online. And it's worked out surprisingly well for me.

Thanks for the idea! Are you sure that you can return those items to the store, though? A lot of them say return by mail only in the little box next to the sizing box. I know if you exchange, shipping is free, so I guess if that's the case, I could essentially do the same thing you suggested...just not all at once. ;)

I'm kicking myself, too, Annie! I just got my shipment notification of my Give and Get order. Good luck in your quest! Don't feel bad about your shorts...I just tried my fav capris from last time and can't get them past my thighs. Yikes!

LD92599
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the idea! Are you sure that you can return those items to the store, though? A lot of them say return by mail only in the little box next to the sizing box. I know if you exchange, shipping is free, so I guess if that's the case, I could essentially do the same thing you suggested...just not all at once. ;)

I'm kicking myself, too, Annie! I just got my shipment notification of my Give and Get order. Good luck in your quest! Don't feel bad about your shorts...I just tried my fav capris from last time and can't get them past my thighs. Yikes!

That's why i didn't order anything at all online from Gap or ON this time around because of that little box about return by mail only. When I had DS i ordered a TON online because i could return to the store.

Andi98989
03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Yup, ON changed their return policy a while ago and almost everything maternity is only returnable by mail. A royal pain in the neck.

I got most of my maternity capris off of Craiglist. :)

♥ms.pacman♥
03-25-2010, 10:33 AM
i really like the capris from Motherhood..i think they were like $19.99 so not too expensive. i bought one initially and then after i saw i liked them i got two more. they were all the pants i wore basically for the first 6 months of being prego (would have worn them longer, but then after 6 months here in tx the summer turned to winter :) ).

citymama
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I have so many maternity jean capris, I wish I could share some with you! Are you in CA? They're all hand-me-downs from friends and too big for me (size medium). Before we went to Hawaii last month I realized that none of them actually fit me properly and I had no warm weather "bottoms" to wear on the trip. Bought a FABULOUS pair of khaki capris from Old Navy that I absolutely love and can probably wear postpartum because of the design. They wore well, looked great and were so comfy. They are low-rise capris, but I don't see them on the ON website - strange. They were $15 on sale when I got them a month ago, maybe marked down even more now.

AnnieW625
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Yup, ON changed their return policy a while ago and almost everything maternity is only returnable by mail. A royal pain in the neck.

I got most of my maternity capris off of Craiglist. :)

So is Gap's now. $6 return shipping, nothing notes that if you exchange it's free. I didn't realize that with my order (really need to wear glasses when I do my online shopping!), oh that's just craptastic! I ordered three nursing tops in a large, and a pair of sweats in a large too (all maternity). I usually wear a large in their cotton maternity tops (I have a broad back). Now I am kicking myself though because of the reviews of both shirts I bought because the reviews say they run big. The pants I bought do run small so that might be something I don't have to return.

Here is the return policy:
http://www.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=2326&mlink=null,1469360&clink=1469360

Ms. Pacman, thanks for the rec. for the Motherhood capris.

JTsMom
03-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I'll second the Motherhood rec- can't believe I'm saying that, as I really don't like them in general, but the capris I bought there are SO insanely comfy.

candaceb
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
I just got some capris at Kohl's - all capris are 40% off this week (probably only until tomorrow though). Basic khakis for $24.

AnnieW625
03-28-2010, 01:30 AM
I got a pair of denim capris from Kohls too yesterday. Didn't have any luck with the regular non denim capris though.

boltfam
03-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I have so many maternity jean capris, I wish I could share some with you! Are you in CA? Bought a FABULOUS pair of khaki capris from Old Navy that I absolutely love and can probably wear postpartum because of the design. They wore well, looked great and were so comfy. They are low-rise capris, but I don't see them on the ON website - strange. They were $15 on sale when I got them a month ago, maybe marked down even more now.

I wish you could share with me, too! :) I'm quite a ways from CA...pretty much across the country. Do they look like these at all?
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50214&vid=1&pid=735221&scid=735221012&actFltr=true (http://http//oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50214&vid=1&pid=735221&scid=735221012&actFltr=true)

Not $15, but at least they're versatile. It looks like I might have to try Motherhood, too, based on ms. pacman and JTsmom's rec.

I have to return a pair of khakis to Gap, though, so hopefully the ON pants will work and I'll be able to exchange for free. I just did it a couple of weeks ago, but I think you might have to call first and tell CS that you're exchanging in order to not get charged. Since ON hardly carries any maternity stuff in-store and Gap maternity is hard to come by, you would hope that at least exchanges would be free!