PDA

View Full Version : What do your twins sleep in while traveling?

TwinFoxes
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
We're going to Disneyworld in Sept/Oct, and the girls will be too big for pack n plays then. They'll still be in their cribs at home, what should they sleep on in the hotel? I don't want them in a bed, I'm sure they'd roll off, and we can only have one crib in the hotel room. Any suggestions or BTDT?

Thanks!

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I have these at home and love them. We take them to grandma's as well. Just a suggestion. :)

http://www.gobedbug.com/

Momof3Labs
03-25-2010, 12:41 PM
My TALL DS1 slept in a PNP on his 3rd birthday trip, so I am surprised that your girls would be too big at 2yo. I'd either rent cribs from abbf.com or do the PNPs.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
03-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't have an answer for this but more of a similar question. We are going to take our 1 year old twins on a day trip to visit some family a couple hours away in a few weeks. We'll probably leave first thing in the morning and then just leave around bedtime and let them sleep on the way home. I know they'll need a nap at some point during the day while we're there. Do I take 2 pack n plays with us for the day or am I being ridiculous? I can't think of where else I'd be able to let them sleep....

hobie
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd bring the pnp's.

twowhat?
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd be surprised if they couldn't still use the PnP!!

fivi2
03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
We usually did an air mattress or put the hotel mattress on the floor with a few pillows around it. Or, dh and I would each sleep with one twin in separate beds.

dowlinal
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Are you staying on property? If so, the hotels all have bed rails. When my older two were younger, we would push the one bed up against the wall and then put bed rails along the other side. We have also split the girls so that one slept with each of us and there were bed rails on their side of the bed.

TwinFoxes
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
My TALL DS1 slept in a PNP on his 3rd birthday trip, so I am surprised that your girls would be too big at 2yo. I'd either rent cribs from abbf.com or do the PNPs.

Our girls are thrashers. They would probably technically fit, but they move around a lot, I'm not sure they'd be comfy in a PnP. We actually have a Arm's Reach. The last time they were in PnPs (in a hotel) it seemed small...do hotels have standard sized ones?

Maybe I'll try to get measurements before I go to be sure.

TwinFoxes
03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't have an answer for this but more of a similar question. We are going to take our 1 year old twins on a day trip to visit some family a couple hours away in a few weeks. We'll probably leave first thing in the morning and then just leave around bedtime and let them sleep on the way home. I know they'll need a nap at some point during the day while we're there. Do I take 2 pack n plays with us for the day or am I being ridiculous? I can't think of where else I'd be able to let them sleep....

When my girls were at grandma's for their first birthday they slept in the Co-Sleeper together. Maybe your two would be ok doing that.

TwinFoxes
03-25-2010, 07:31 PM
I have these at home and love them. We take them to grandma's as well. Just a suggestion. :)

Ooh! These look promising, and cheap too! Thanks.

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Ooh! These look promising, and cheap too! Thanks. They are nice. We actually have them in our master bed as well (others are in DS1's bed) and I sleep against one and I actually like it. Very comfy. The advantage of these is that you can still use them once they move to beds.

Momof3Labs
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Our girls are thrashers. They would probably technically fit, but they move around a lot, I'm not sure they'd be comfy in a PnP. We actually have a Arm's Reach. The last time they were in PnPs (in a hotel) it seemed small...do hotels have standard sized ones?

Maybe I'll try to get measurements before I go to be sure.

If you stay on Disney property, they have standard size PNPs, which are the same size as the full-size Arm's Reach Cosleeper. If your girls shared a co-sleeper at 1yo, I have to think that they'd be fine size-wise in their own PNPs at 2yo.

DietCokeLover
03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
We use the pea pod plus when we travel.

Melaine
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM

Those really seem great, I wish I had known about them. We used a small tent for awhile with sleeping bags and then on our last trip when the girls were almost 3 we let them sleep at Embassy Suites on the fold out couch and it worked great. The cushions and arms provided enough of a barrier.

TwinFoxes
03-27-2010, 09:20 AM
We use the pea pod plus when we travel.

Do they both fit in one?

DietCokeLover
03-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Do they both fit in one?

No, we set up two of them. But, if your dc are small, it could be possible. Mine would play together too much I think.