PDA

View Full Version : BJ City Double - Mini or Micro?

JoyNChrist
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before...

Other than the full recline on the Mini, is there any reason to pay the extra $100 for the Mini vs the Micro?

We're looking for a double for when the twins arrive. DS will be 3.5 and is pretty much out of the stroller phase, so I'm not super concerned about what we'll do with him (I can always wear one baby and let him ride with the other).

We plan to use a double snap n go for the first few months with the twins, so I don't think the full newborn recline will really be necessary. Just curious if there's some other reason to spend the extra $.

(Note that I can't try out either of these strollers in person...stupid podunk town...so I'm going solely off online reviews.)

DaniGirl
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I have the mini and I LOVE it! I would still take it over the micro though mostly because of the extra shade the larger canopy on the mini offers and the 8 inch tires. on both front and back. However, that I think is the only difference between the two and only you can decide if those differences are deal breakers or not! Worth the extra $100...IMO yes, but I'm sure the micro will please you just as much!! HTH:wink2:

WatchingThemGrow
03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Have the mini and the elite. I prefer the elite, but we use the mini for traveling or tight spaces. The Elite fits our 3.5 yo nicely in the seat plus in the footwell. The parent console holds drinks for me plus 3 DC. Never played with the micro, but the canopy and wheels are important, IMO. Have you looked at the City Select also?

salsah
03-25-2010, 06:48 PM
in addition to the other reasons listed, iirc, the fabric on the mini is nicer and the micro is heavier. also not sure if the the micro has the same storage pockets on the seat backs.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I finally chose the Mini due to the larger canopy.