PDA

View Full Version : For fun: Which supernatural creature would you be?

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Poll coming. Wait for it :). Let's not debate whether the options belong in the poll, please! Thank you. :)

codex57
03-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Prolly a vampire. Been fascinated by them for years.

fivi2
03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
vampire. or shapeshifter (not the painful kind, though).

eta: didn't think of fairy... tough choice :)

citymama
03-25-2010, 03:57 PM
girlfriend, i'm thinking you just might have too much time on your hands! ;)

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
girlfriend, i'm thinking you just might have too much time on your hands! ;) Not really. I just like silly polls from time to time. :)

gatorsmom
03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
A true shapeshifter- just think of all the places you could go and things you could do if you were any animal (or person) on earth.

Although, the thought of throwing around fairy dust does sound fun. hmmm... decisioins, decisions...

crl
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
I went with witch. I'm not nice enough to go for fairy (although there are some awfully dark fairy books out there). And witch seemed like the most power with the least mess (not interested in raw meat or blood, thank you very much). Plus not really interested in being immortal.

Catherine

ThreeofUs
03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
:rotflmao: I've always wanted to be Fairy.... :rotflmao:

fivi2
03-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I went with witch. I'm not nice enough to go for fairy (although there are some awfully dark fairy books out there). And witch seemed like the most power with the least mess (not interested in raw meat or blood, thank you very much). Plus not really interested in being immortal.

Catherine

I don't know, some of those spells/rituals call for some pretty nasty stuff! ;) eye of newt, hair of something... eewww!

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
:rotflmao: I've always wanted to be Fairy.... :rotflmao: Me too! :bowdown: Fairy.

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 06:14 PM

Catherine I would love to be a sexy glam vampire. Grrrrrrrr. :rotflmao: Being sexy and immortal would be the best part. :)

elektra
03-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Gotta be witch for me. Vampires are cool but not as versatile as witches in terms of fun powers, IMO.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I voted Fairy. BTW where is Fairy, she needs to vote!

codex57
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Err, what exactly does a fairy do and why are they cool? All I can think of is Tinkerbell.

mom2binsd
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Mermaid...I love the ocean!

wellyes
03-25-2010, 07:55 PM
I can't believe shapeshifter isn't winning by a landslide!

I would love to be a sexy glam vampire. Grrrrrrrr. :ROTFLMAO: Being sexy and immortal would be the best part. :)

My hangup is that you never really hear about HAPPY vampires. Except [SPOILER!!] OK, very very very few happy vampires in tv/movie/literary history.

Not surprised there are no takers for werewolf or ghost. Who'd want to be hairy or dead?

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Not surprised there are no takers for werewolf or ghost. Who'd want to be hairy or dead? :rotflmao: I must admit the werewolf option is for the gentlemen. DH is obsessed with werewolves, although I think he would prefer to be a vampire.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Err, what exactly does a fairy do and why are they cool? All I can think of is Tinkerbell.

Ever watch True Blood? They are cool! OTOH I could just collect teeth!:wink2:

sariana
03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I had to vote "Other"; I would be a dragon a la Anne McCaffrey. Telepathy and telekinesis. Yeah.

(If you've read her series, you'll know what I mean when I say I would want to live during an Interval.)

codex57
03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Ever watch True Blood? They are cool! OTOH I could just collect teeth!:wink2:

No. What do they do? All I know about the True Blood fairies are that they're often vampire food. Not something that makes me want to be one.

egoldber
03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Who'd want to be hairy or dead?

Hello! Vampires = dead! Or at least soulless.

Fairies rock. :jammin:

DrSally
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
And witch seemed like the most power with the least mess (not interested in raw meat or blood, thank you very much).

:ROTFLMAO: My kind of thinking. I picked fairy, but I can see the appeal of witch with powers.

DrSally
03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
No. What do they do? All I know about the True Blood fairies are that they're often vampire food. Not something that makes me want to be one.

There are fairies on True blood (I don't watch the show) that get Eaten! by vampires?

codex57
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
There are fairies on True blood (I don't watch the show) that get Eaten! by vampires?

I've never watched the show, but I've read a couple of the books. They emit a smell that's like honey to a bear, with similar results. I never found out what powers they have other then them being able to appear out of thin air sometimes.

BabyMine
03-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I want to be a shapeshifter.

I wouldn't be a vampire becasue I don't want to watch all the people I love grow older and die.

Fairy
03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
:rotflmao: I've always wanted to be Fairy.... :rotflmao:

Me too! :bowdown: Fairy.

Awww, you guys!
:22:

I voted, believe it or not, WITCH! But it was close between that and Fairy. I'm thinking Willow from Buffy kind of witch. If I couldn't be that kind of witch where I was human-like yet magical, and I had to be true magical creature that couldn't live life with mortals, then I'd absolutely choose fairy! I just love fairies!

I voted Fairy. BTW where is Fairy, she needs to vote!

Been a seriously rotten day. First time i've been on all day.

gatorsmom
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I would love to be a sexy glam vampire. Grrrrrrrr. :rotflmao: Being sexy and immortal would be the best part. :)

Yeah, but you can only come out at night. And watch out for pointed stakes!

DrSally
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I've never watched the show, but I've read a couple of the books. They emit a smell that's like honey to a bear, with similar results. I never found out what powers they have other then them being able to appear out of thin air sometimes.

Wow, I never knew fairies and vampires intersected. I've always thought of fairies as sprightly, kindly little beings who flit around and do good works/brighten people's days. That may be just my 7 year old take on it though.

gatorsmom
03-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow, I never knew fairies and vampires intersected. I've always thought of fairies as sprightly, kindly little beings who flit around and do good works/brighten people's days. That may be just my 7 year old take on it though.

In Trueblood, all fairies are extremely beautiful- think super model. And they can do all sorts of magical things. But there are some very good ones and very bad ones. In one of the books, the human girl Sookie(who is the heroine of the book) and her vampire friends are attacked by fairies who enjoy torturing Sookie by taking bites out of her with their 2 inch long razor sharp teeth- capped with silver to torture vampires too (silver is deadly to vampires).

I'll stick to shapeshifter. :)

DrSally
03-25-2010, 10:16 PM
In Trueblood, all fairies are extremely beautiful- think super model. And they can do all sorts of magical things. But there are some very good ones and very bad ones. In one of the books, the human girl Sookie(who is the heroine of the book) and her vampire friends are attacked by fairies who enjoy torturing Sookie by taking bites out of her with their 2 inch long razor sharp teeth- capped with silver to torture vampires too (silver is deadly to vampires).

I'll stick to shapeshifter. :)

Wow, interesting take on fairies. My version is obviously a childhood one, although, I wouldn't mind looking like a supermodel :)

awoodm
03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Definitely a fairy. :)

crl
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM

I'm not sure what fairy powers are in the True Blood world. In some worlds they are called fey and the powers vary by person. So if you read Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry books (which I'm not particularly recommending), some of them can draw all the blood from a person just by touching them, some of them can command the ocean, some of them can change shape, some of can create "doorways" and travel instantly between the doorways, etc. The Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson books (which I totally love) have a similar, though less-developed, take on the fey.

More commonly, I think of the tooth fairy or a fairy godmother. To me those are magical, but very sweet. I think one difference between fairies and most other supernatural creatures is that generally fairies are portrayed as a separate species, whereas werewolves, vampires, and so on usually start out as human. Also fairies are often just visiting our world and live in their own land.

Man, I'm a geek.

Catherine

Carrots
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
DH and I were discussing this 2 nights ago. (We love True Blood and the Sookie novels.) At first I said werewolf, but then after our discussion I decided I would rather be a Shapeshifter, like Sam Merlotte, so then I could change into any animal I wanted.

The thought of being immortal is not appealing to me. The thought of shifting back to a human who is naked is also not appealing, but I will take that over immortality.

MamaMolly
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm going to go with shape shifter so that I can be everything else by default ;). I'm greedy!

gatorsmom
03-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure what fairy powers are in the True Blood world. In some worlds they are called fey and the powers vary by person. So if you read Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry books (which I'm not particularly recommending), some of them can draw all the blood from a person just by touching them, some of them can command the ocean, some of them can change shape, some of can create "doorways" and travel instantly between the doorways, etc. The Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson books (which I totally love) have a similar, though less-developed, take on the fey.

More commonly, I think of the tooth fairy or a fairy godmother. To me those are magical, but very sweet. I think one difference between fairies and most other supernatural creatures is that generally fairies are portrayed as a separate species, whereas werewolves, vampires, and so on usually start out as human. Also fairies are often just visiting our world and live in their own land.

Man, I'm a geek.

Catherine

Actually, that is very similar to the Trueblood fairies. In the books there are water nymphs which live in and can manipulate the water, etc. They don't start out as humans and mainly live in their own world but can travel between worlds if they want to. Some fairies can mask their sweet, delicious scent so that vampires can't smell them. Others can do other things.

And um, yeah, if you are a geek, I'm right there with ya.

hellokitty
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
This sounds totally stupid, b/c I don't really have a reason WHY I want to be this creature, but the first thing that came to my mind was a unicorn. Guess it's the little girl in me, b/c I had folders in school with unicorns all over them, lol.

DrSally
03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
some of can create "doorways" and travel instantly between the doorways, etc.......Also fairies are often just visiting our world and live in their own land

OK, have you ever seen these "fairy doors?" You can put one up against your tree, in various places in your house, etc.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43050132&ref=sr_list_3&&ga_search_query=fairy+door&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-26-2010, 02:33 AM
OK, have you ever seen these "fairy doors?" You can put one up against your tree, in various places in your house, etc.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43050132&ref=sr_list_3&&ga_search_query=fairy+door&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I.WANT.ONE. :bag

fattytuna
03-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Other: Cthulhu

I'm just kidding.

arivecchi
03-26-2010, 11:06 AM
What?! No chupacabra takers?

fivi2
03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Other: Cthulhu

I'm just kidding.