PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger Summit XC or Bob Revolution

Jenng
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
So I went to BBBaby and saw both of these jogging strollers in person. I put my 1yr. son in each of them and I think I was sold on the Baby Jogger. Mostly because of the additional jumper seat you can easily attach, and the tremendous canopy.

Although people rave about their Bob's, so am I missing the boat here? Is one recommended over the other in terms of use, additional features/accessories and performance? I plan to jog/walk in the park with this one, and only have one child so far. Plans for another, but who knows...

Any opinions greatly appreciated! :D

WatchingThemGrow
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
The Summit is newer and hasn't had as many years to gain a reputation. The Baby Jogger company has looooong been a favorite for joggers. That's why you'll see so many older ones on Craigslist. They made fixed wheel joggers for a long time, then made the City Series for walking with the swivel front wheels, then they started doing the Summit a few years ago. I personally love our BJ strollers. Loved the BOB Revolution Duallie we had also, but the seatback height, adjustable handlebar, and fold of the City Elite won us over. I'd love to have a Summit. The double is too wide for daily use in/out of doorways, but the single feels great to push inside BBB.

What made you prefer the Summit over the BOB?

Jenng
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Actually my son looked and felt more comfortable in the summit... when he sat in the Bob he like sunk into it, and IMO got lost in it, like way far back away from the action type thing. Then he sat in the summit and he didn't want to get out. The seat also looked more upright in the summit versus the bob... I let my son pick it out and I think he preferred the jogger... i am still not happy with the price tag though, and the only discounts i have found online are through REI.com... you get 20% with a membership for $20. So I guess out of $400, you save $80, then minus $20 for membership and its really $60 savings. So its a toss up... I might want a more economical jogger in the end... these things are expensive!

arivecchi
03-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Go for the Summit! More heardroom and BJs :jammin:!

Jenng
03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks for feedback.... I think I might splurge on the Summit for my son's first birthday! He deserves it! :)

AnnieW625
03-26-2010, 04:18 PM
You are soo lucky that you guys have access to the BJ Summit in person. Our Sport Chalets and the lone local baby store that carry BJ line of strollers only carry the City Elite. I really do like the Bob and even though most people complain about the seat height of it my daughter (almost 40") still had at least an 1" or 2" of growing room so I think with the way the seat reclines and the hood it makes it seem like you get less room. I regress and I am glad that you found a good jogger your DS will love!

Jenng
03-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh what a bummer you cant see that stroller in person! I realized after looking at strollers online for so long... that you kind of have to see them in person to make a real good decision. I also rely on the message boards though and Mommy feedback, because who knows a product the best than the person using it every day!