PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gate Recall....

newg
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Evenflo is recalling one of their stair gates.........both of ours are in the recall, plus the one at DH's parents house......

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10181.html

mods, feel free to move....just wanted to get this out there to as many people possible!

hellokitty
03-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for posting. We checked ours and boy it is probably pretty old, b/c the number was REALLY low compared to the recalled #.

elliput
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm not surprised this is being recalled. I had one of these and busted right through it when I was in a hurry one day.

MommyAllison
03-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Thank you! We have this gate, I'll have to check the number but I'm guessing it's affected, based on purchase date.

TwinFoxes
03-26-2010, 03:45 AM
This recall is a PITA. They don't just mail you a gate. They mail a form, you have to send back a piece, and then they send a gate a few weeks later. Meanwhile stop using the gate. This is only my second recall, the other was the BJCMD clip, which was super easy.

strollerqueen
03-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Thank you. That's ours. :shake:

scrooks
03-26-2010, 08:29 AM
This recall is a PITA. They don't just mail you a gate. They mail a form, you have to send back a piece, and then they send a gate a few weeks later. Meanwhile stop using the gate. This is only my second recall, the other was the BJCMD clip, which was super easy.

UGH! This sounds awful. This is only the second recall I've been through. The maclaren recall was super easy though...way easier than this!

jgenie
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Has anyone received their return packet from Evenflo? We received ours today and I can't tell from the picture what piece they want returned. Anyone else confused?

TwinFoxes
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I haven't checked the mail. But the person who I spoke to said the piece was optional when you installed it, and if you can't find it call for other instructions. PITA, right?

scrooks
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I asked which piece when I called and she told me. I forget what it's called but I know we didn't install it and we may have pitched it. I told her that and she just said any piece of hardware will do....I'm not sure I believe her. I haven't gotten my packet in the mail yet.

Nyfeara
03-29-2010, 08:24 PM
We just got our letter in the mail. They want you to send in the 'swing stop' piece, which is optional during the installation. We weren't using those pieces anyway but did save them, so I guess we'll send them in & see what happens.

jgenie
05-23-2010, 08:03 PM
We received our replacement gates last week. Wondering if people are doing anything special when they throw out the old gates.

newg
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
we kept the hardware that attaches to the wall and just tossed the gate......figuring no one can use the gate without the hardware, and having the extra pieces would be nice backups.
You could probably punch out a few of the slats to make sure no one would try to use it.

firemama
06-02-2010, 11:58 PM
We have this gate too (for when we had a dog). I liked it because a friend had it and I knew we would eventually have kids. So we went back to Lowe's to buy another one (for our upstairs landing) and saw that it is recalled. :shake: I called to register it and was told the same thing. Like PP I'm not sure we still have the swing stop since we never used it. Just what I need!