PDA

View Full Version : Add Maclaren to City Mini??

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm finally outgrowing my snap n go and bought a 2010 City mini! I'm excited but I am already considering adding a Mac to our stroller stash. My husband and I plan on doing some regular airline travel with our only son (4 months) in the next few years. When we are not traveling I use my strollers for long walks on cracky sidewalks and store crawling.

So my question is... is there some value to having 2 light weight strollers. Does anyone have both a BJCM and a Mac? Which Mac would be best? I am torn between the Volo, Triumph and Quest.

lvhkitty
03-25-2010, 11:06 PM
I considered getting the baby jogger city mini but went Maclaren Triumph. It's not great for bumpy sidewalks but I lift the wheels over the cracks - no biggie. My daughter is not much of a napper and can sleep upright. At heart I'm a mall crawler.

vonfirmath
03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I had a snap and go for our infant, and got both a BJCM and (quickly) an umbrella to use afterward. They definitely both have their uses.

satchnbucky
03-26-2010, 04:21 AM
There are a few threads on this if you do a search (I think I started one in fact ;)
I have a triumph and am thinking about getting a BJCM as well. If you have a BJCM, I think a quest is probably overkill - a triumph is probably perfect. The volo may be too bare bones for your LO. Volos seem to be better for babes that are a bit older. If you're doing long walks over bumpy sidewalks though, you may want to instead consider adding an A/T stroller with air tires. I'm sure others will chime in about this, but BOBs, City Classics (which are discontinued but still available pretty reasonably) and City Elites are good choices...