PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about rash guards

cdlamis
03-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Do kids wear them with nothing under neath (at the top)? In other words, can I buy a bikini bottom and a rash guard shirt for my DD's or do they need the bikini top or a full piece underneath?
I am ordering these today so the Easter Bunny can bring it next week! :)

LMPC
03-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Last year, I just put the rash guard on DD with nothing underneath. I have seen it both ways -- mostly I have seen older kids with something on underneath......probably because they might feel like taking it off at some point (and we don't live in Europe IYKWIM :) ).

fauve01
03-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Do kids wear them with nothing under neath (at the top)? In other words, can I buy a bikini bottom and a rash guard shirt for my DD

This is how my DD has always worn a bathing suit--bottom with rash guard shirt. I buy the Target suits.

Anne + DD 10-03

cdlamis
03-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks! I just ordered some from Land's End- cute stuff!

codex57
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I've never seen them with something underneath. Least not for kids. Unless the girls surf or something, but that's pretty old and typically they've long dressed themselves at that point.

hobie
03-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I wear one, and I'd feel naked w/o a suit with bra support! For a little girl, I'd skip the suit underneath, and go with the rash shirt and girly swim shorts. There's really no reason to take off the shirt until you're done with water play.