PDA

View Full Version : Buying Mac stroller off Gilt Group... Questions

ive95
03-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Gilt Group currently has volos at $85 plus S&H. Anyone knows how they calculate shipping costs? I'm confused and reading this off my phone, so it's kinda hard. They also note there is an extended delivery date of mid April through May. Does that mean it won't deliver until that timeframe?

One more thing, what is the warranty on the strollers off Gilt? Does it comes new in box with the Mac warranty?

At this point I'm thinking I'm better off getting a Volo off eBay from the Mac outlet store for $100 and free shipping. Thinking that might be the best deal.

Sorry for all the questions and these have been asked before. I'm not only a newbie posting on this site but also newbie on Gilt. I appreciate your help!! Thx!

strollerqueen
03-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Gilt Group currently has volos at $85 plus S&H. Anyone knows how they calculate shipping costs? I'm confused and reading this off my phone, so it's kinda hard. They also note there is an extended delivery date of mid April through May. Does that mean it won't deliver until that timeframe?

One more thing, what is the warranty on the strollers off Gilt? Does it comes new in box with the Mac warranty?

At this point I'm thinking I'm better off getting a Volo off eBay from the Mac outlet store for $100 and free shipping. Thinking that might be the best deal.

Sorry for all the questions and these have been asked before. I'm not only a newbie posting on this site but also newbie on Gilt. I appreciate your help!! Thx!

Yeah, I think that's what it means. A lot of these "members only" sites take a long time to ship; I think because they come from the manufacturer. It says they are authorized, and carry the "lifetime sovereign" warranty. Shipping is added on, too, so the prices aren't that stellar.

newnewsmama
03-27-2010, 10:48 AM

Gilt has a regular shipping charge of $10 (seems to be $9.95 now. But essentially $10). The shipping surcharge for the Volo is another $10. So the total shipping is about $20. The Volo will end up costing you $105, more expensive than the Mac eBay store. The only benefit is that buying from Gilt gives you the Mac warranty. But buying from eBay does not. However, Mac outlet also has a website - http://babye-store.com/. You can buy Volo there for $100 (including shipping) and also get the warranty.

Gilt is great is you like high fashion items (such as designer clothing). They often have designer clothing for 70%+ off. However, since those designer clothing was very expensive or over priced to begin with, the sale price may still be pretty steep (e.g, several days ago, they had the gorgeous Issey Miyake dress marked down from $1700 to $299). Gilt FUSE is Gilt's newer site for mid-ranged clothing brands, such as BCBG, etc. The price on Gilt FUSE is a lot friendlier.