PDA

View Full Version : What's like an iPhone but uses Sprint service?

fauve01
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I apologize if this has been asked. DH has a *Sprint* contract and is paying for two phones on his data plan but only using his, and apparently I am "due for an upgrade." I'd love an Iphone, but at&t doesn't work in our house! So, are there any phones that are like the iPhone but use verizon service?

thanks for any ideas.

ETA: just talked to DH and he said it's actually SPRINT he has. OOPS.
Anne

o_mom
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Droid - Motorola has one on VZ and there is another one as well - HTC? Both run on the Android platform from Google.

AnnieW625
03-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I believe that the Motorola Droid is as close as you can get.

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree about the Motorola Droid.

In some ways it is better than the current iPhone (better screen, better naviagtion).

I don't use iTunes or have a Mac at home, so there was no reason for me to prefer an iPhone. I use google calendar, google talk (IM), google/yahoo email, web browsing, Pandora, FB, etc. the most.

AnnieW625
03-26-2010, 12:57 PM
GA Peach, how much do you pay for your Droid? If I do get a smart phone I am debating between that and the Palm Pre. I do have an Ipod and a Mac at home, but I prefer to keep everything seperate so yeah no real need for the Iphone except it is pretty cool.

calv
03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
HTC droid. LOVELOVELOVE mine. had it roughly a month and couldn't be happier. we get a discount through DH's company and have it in the all in one bundle w/verizon. HD tv, internet, home, and cell. lightning fast and graet for interent, email, pics, and music.

note sure if that helps much. let me know if you have any ?'s

ohiomom1121
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I just got a motorola droid and really love it. DH and I got the B1G1 deal and he is really happy with his too (he said it's a huge improvement over his old Blackberry). I like having the slide out keyboard as well as the virtual one. Highly recommend it!

fauve01
03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
thanks for the replies! i had to edit my original post to say DH actually has Sprint, not Verizon. not sure if the Droid works with that? off to research. THANKS for the replies.

ANne

Karenn
03-26-2010, 01:15 PM
If I had Sprint, I'd get the Palm Pre.

southern_kali_gurl
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Sprint is coming out with the HTC EVO 4G in June that looks really nice.

codex57
03-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Right now, for Sprint, I like the Palm Pre the best, followed by the HTC Hero.

I'd prolly wait for that 4G phone from HTC tho as a PP mentioned.

fauve01
03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
oooh, thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

WatchingThemGrow
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
We have Sprint with a 23% discount, so it is HARD to give that up. I'm trying the HTC Hero, and it's nice. Not iPhone nice, but it does what it needs to. I fat finger while texting, and I'm still learning some of the functionality, but I've only had it maybe 10 days. Checking email in the preschool pickup line or pulling up a coupon code out and about has been great too. DH will likely get the Evo when it comes out. The Pre had a couple things that bothered me - battery life, a hard to access charger, and it seemed difficult to call out.

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
GA Peach, how much do you pay for your Droid?

TBH, I have no idea. I think the data plan is like $30/mo on top of your phone plan? We have a discount through DH's company and we've had our phone plan for a long time (I don't think they offer it to new customers anymore), so it's not too bad. We also did the extra $5/mo/phone for some large number of texts.

sunnyside
03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I just got my HTC Hero about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it. My plan is so much less expensive than a similar ATT plan for the Iphone. I'm pretty happy with my phone, I can't imagine what I could be missing.

hellokitty
03-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Sprint was the first to have the palm pre. DH and I have had ours since Sept and we LOVE them, they do everything. Better than the iphone or droid in our opinion, b/c it's not a brick, it is the perfect sized smart phone. I find the other ones to be very large and clunky. One of my friends got the droid and she and her DH aren't able to sync their calendars, b/c he uses outlook and she uses something else. With the palm pre, you CAN sync different types of calendars.