PDA

View Full Version : Whats so fantastic about the Baby Jogger City Mini?

dukie41181
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
I am thinking this may be a good fit for us. What do you like about this the best? Also, does it accomodate a Graco car seat with adaptor?

vonfirmath
03-26-2010, 01:24 PM
The easy-easy fold

and the HUGE shade.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-26-2010, 03:42 PM
The huge canopy

WatchingThemGrow
03-26-2010, 04:08 PM
We didn't use a carseat with ours. We just reclined the seat and stuck the baby in. I don't think people love the adapter b/c it moves toward the middle to make it more stable.

AnnieW625
03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Don't own the City Mini although we did look at it last year and it's a pretty nice stroller. The fold is amazing and the hood is huge too. What we didn't like about it was the seat backs seemed a little low, the basket was small (and kind of hard to get to), and it was kind of redundant since we already had a MAC umbrella stroller. I have also seen it on non smooth surfaces and the front wheel wobbles like there is no tomorrow. I did see a double the other day at Disneyland with a car seat adaptor and the infant seat sat really high on it and looked really awkward. There shouldn't be an issue with putting a newborn straight into the seat as the recline is really good.

vonfirmath
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I've driven our Baby Jogger Mini on non-smooth surfaces (including the grassy pipeline right-of-way behind where we used to live) and the front wheel didn't wobble. Maybe the one you saw had a problem?

I see a use for us for both the Baby Jogger and a umbrella stroller. One is for keeping in the car all the time. The other (the Baby jogger) has MUCH better storage and is for taking to parks all day outings, running around the neighborhood, etc. When I have my preference, I use the Baby jogger, but I find the umbrellas take up less space in the back of the car so I have one of those for carrying all the time in case I decide I want to put my son in the stroller.

smcdonald2
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
The 2010s have a HUGE basket and they steer with absolutely no effort. Great on grass, gravel, anything. I love the single handle so you can just use one hand in the center. The seat recline is simple, and the whole thing just looks fantastic. So sleek and cool.

salsah
03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
I've driven our Baby Jogger Mini on non-smooth surfaces (including the grassy pipeline right-of-way behind where we used to live) and the front wheel didn't wobble. Maybe the one you saw had a problem?

that is likely. i had a wobbly front wheel on mine but bj's cs is outstanding.

swrc00
03-26-2010, 09:57 PM
I own a BJCM and love it. It is my everyday stroller. I started DS in it at 3 months. The recline is great. For me the size of the basket is perfect. I attach my diaper bag, a Skip Hop Duo, to the handle and have ample space. The only thing I wish was different was that the wheels were air filled.

bigpassport
03-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Easy fold, lightweight, easy to get in and out of car. Huge sun canopy. Great steering. I love mine.