PDA

View Full Version : Stupid guy from work...

MMEand1
03-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Just had to get this out there.

There is a guy at work who has "Short man's syndrome" (he feels the need to bring others down in order to feel better/bigger). Unfortunately he is in charge of a few things and feels the need to be messing with me lately. He complained to my supervisor that I try to get out of doing stuff (yes, that's why I went into work on my day off when the shop was closed up and helped 4 people that would have had to wait a month and just received a letter sent to my commander from a retired Chief Master Sergeant for coming in 2.5 hours early to help him and will also be going in this weekend to help another person even though I am on my vacation time) and that I will always run to the front check in desk when someone up there needs help (probably because no one else will go up there and he even told me himself that he hates going up there). He also accused me of leaving the department just so I don't have to do certain things (umm, I'm not the one that said "I need to go buy something at the store and want to do it on work hours") even though I stay after work late almost every day so I can learn new things and help customers. I was also accused of only working on one side of the shop and favoring just one group of people (yes, I do pick a side to work on - when I get into work and there are 4 people on one side and only 2 on the other, of course I'm going to pick the side with fewer people in order to even things out).

So my supervisor called me in and told me that this guy came to talk to him about me and that my supervisor has started watching me and he "just doesn't see it". My supervisor told me to just do whatever I can to make him happy, but that just seems to be making it worse since he will think that I will bow down to whatever he says. I never say anything about the call schedule and move my personal life around in order to make sure that everyone else is accommodated, yet when I have something going on, I'm told that I need to realize that I am in the military and things don't revolve around me.

So I was talking to someone today at work and mentioned that everyone else's personal life is worked around, but I am told that "my number is up and I will be moving to xyz shift starting next week". Others were taken aside and asked about what they had going on in their life and it was worked around. So now this guy is mad at me for wanting the schedule to change just for me even though I never said that, only said that it would be nice to have my personal life taken into consideration like everyone else's (last year I had to quit a part time job because the schedule was changed even though everyone else that had a part-time job was able to get on a shift that catered to their other job). What it now means for me is that I will have to work from 3pm-12am and then be back at work for a 6:15-7:30am class every day of the week for the next month. I was working 8-5, so going to the 0615 class was perfect. He knows I am in this class because we talked about it before I started and he signed off on it.

I am just so mad that it seems that everyone else is taken into consideration, but when I say something, he gets all mad and wants to "nip it in the bud".

Sorry this is so long (and probably does not make a lot of sense), I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening...

KathyN115
03-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Sorry, he sounds like a total PITA. Could you talk to your supervisor about how you are being treated? Tell him you are feeling picked on/discriminated against by this person. (((hugs)))

MamaMolly
03-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Just remember, his feet don't touch the floor when he sits on the toilet.