PDA

View Full Version : Any one a Girl Scout Leader?

hollybloom24
03-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd like my girls to get involved in Girl Scouts. The local council suggested I start a kindergarten Daisy troop (if I can find five girls) this September.

Does anyone know the process for becoming a Leader? What types of thing does a Leader or Co-Leader do?

momof2girls
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I am a co-leader for DD#1s Daisy troop. I joined in only after the other co-leader left so they were already somewhat established. Here is what I can tell you:

You will need to submit an application for yourself which includes your references. You will need to go to a training meeting which lasts a few hours. You can go ahead and recruit girls for your own troop and tell council who they are. Once verified as a leader, you will get a package for forms for you to hand out to your troop. YOu need to organize a mtg with your troop members to tell them how you will proceed ($ wise, meeting times, patches). You need to make sure all your ducks are ina row as far as paperwork for your troop and submit themto council.
That is it in a nutshell from what I recall. I am sure others on here can fill in anything I may have missed. My advice to you is that you try to get other mothers involved early on. We have been left being the leaders as well as the "cookie moms" as no one else wanted to do it.

hollybloom24
03-27-2010, 04:53 PM
What about planning activities?