PDA

View Full Version : Got my Silver Cross Fizz - questions

Minnifer
03-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I just got my Silver Cross Fizz from Shnoop and I'm going a little crazy trying to understand the storage basket underneath the seat. It's kind of hard to explain, but the straps from the harness feed through the back of the seat, and then attach to another strap that runs horizontally across the basket, but above the basket, so it completely cuts into the space in the basket - it effectively cuts the basket in half. You really can't get to the bit of the basket that is right under the kid's tush b/c the horizontal strap blocks access. I know in umbrella strollers the basket is mostly useless, but in my Quest, I can at least get to the entire basket so I can make the most out of it.

I've been staring at it and playing with it for an hour and cannot figure out any other way the strap could be attached - won't work under the basket. Did I get a defective model, or is this just how it is?

The other thing that seems weird is how the only support for the back of the seat is the strap that you use to recline it - I had read that it was hammock-y, but I didn't realize it was basically free floating. Do kids find that to be ok? I would have thought it was really unsupportive and uncomfortable.

Oh, and I could swear I had read somewhere that the hood had a pocket, but mine doesn't. Did I just make that up???

I do think I'm gonna love the elevated rear frame and handle height!

Minnifer
03-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Anyone? TIA :)

LMPC
03-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I think you might have been dreaming about the pocket -- I don't remember reading that anywhere and mine doesn't have a pocket. My DD takes very good naps in the stroller, and she doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. It *is* like a hammock -- but I think in a comfy way.

I agree that the basket is useless....I'm going out to the car now to see how mine is configured....will update in a minute or 2.

LMPC
03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Alright...yes, I see what you mean about the strap! Funny, I knew that the pocket had been pretty useless for me, but I hadn't ever stopped to look at it. So no, you don't have a defective one :) It's just a useless pocket....maybe a packet of saltines will fit, and perhaps a juice box....

Minnifer
03-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks LMPC - I really appreciate you taking a look at yours for me :D! You're talking about the basket under the seat in your second post though, right (not the hood pocket, since in your first post you said the hood has no pocket)?

I took it out for a test ride today that was pretty rigorous, including lots of cobblestones - and was pretty happy w/it, and DD did seem comfy (she's in a "no stroller" phase so can be a bit hard to tell what's what, lol). The only thing that I found a bit odd was that the back wheels were sometimes very stiff or something, so if I was doing a 180 degree turn or some other "dramatic" move, sometimes the whole stroller seemed to get stuck and I had to lift it a bit to get it going. But it was worth it for the fact that I wasn't kicking the back or having to hunch over - yay! I only hope now that I've decided I like it that I didn't destroy it going over all the cobblestones...

gobadgers
03-27-2010, 11:15 PM
OK, I had to replace the strap that holds the buckles because one of the buckles was broken (I got the stroller a couple weeks ago, and just received the replacement strap from Silver Cross). I was sure I'd installed it wrong when I was done because, as you say, the strap cuts the basket in half! I had to go back and look at pictures to decide that's really how its supposed to be. It is still a bigger basket than my last foldup stroller (a Combi Cosmo), but it has so much potential and ends up just marginally useful.

All in all I really like the stroller too. And it looks so cool!

LMPC
03-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Minnifer, don't worry, I don't think you could hurt your fizz. I took it to London in January and it survived many a cobblestone!! As for the sticky wheels...perhaps a break-in period will loosen them up? (hopefully)

strollerqueen
04-01-2010, 02:38 AM
You could also try lubing them up with some silicone spray.

vonfirmath
04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
There is a strap going along the basket under my Fizz.

But, now that I have it and have used it, the basket is more useful than the previous ones I've had, so I'm content.

I can't fit my purse in my BJCM, I CAN fit it in the Fizz.

Oh and the back appears stiff enough for my kid with the seat cover on. I don't know what he would think without it.